Derby car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby car...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Here ya go Monk...

If I can just post pics, I will..
    Asking the kds for help!
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 9, 2013, 03:39 PM.

First is the "Beaver". 94 Caprice..
    2nd place to her brother the 3rd pic 92 Caprice
    Yes Brother drives the "Cock" and it was a 1-2 brother-sister...
    2nd pic is his Edsel..
    4th is a friend's and the last is another friends who buried himself to the concrete..

Comment

Go to your link and right click on the picture, click on "Copy Image URL"(using Chrome), then come back to this page, above the posting box you'll see what looks like a film strip, on the Left of that is what looks like a picture of a tree, click on that, a box will pop up, now right click on the input line of the box, a menu will pop up, click on "Paste", then click "OK" and the forum software will insert the image URL automatically.....

Just like this....

Comment

The 57 looks cool -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          The 57 looks cool -
          I want it
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I've got ask how much you feel the derby the next morning. I raced a baja 1000 VW based dune buggy in Cabo for an hour and I felt it for a couple days, especially the where the belts were.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              I've got ask how much you feel the derby the next morning. I raced a baja 1000 VW based dune buggy in Cabo for an hour and I felt it for a couple days, especially the where the belts were.
              I ran moto cross back in the '70's......open class.

Couple of times I would pass blood on Mondays.......had to give
              the sport up.......trophies weren't paying the medical bills.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My buddy Norm said it hurts for a week. He had a similar issue to DB's except it was his eyes. Try doing Figure 8 with limited vision! In fact - Bob, do you or the kids do Figure 8?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  If you get hit..you feel it.. But if you are doing the hitting, not as much.. Yes you do feel it... Last anywhere from 7 min to 30-45 min finales Asphalt derbys are faster, harder..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    If you get hit..you feel it.. But if you are doing the hitting, not as much.. Yes you do feel it... Last anywhere from 7 min to 30-45 min finales Asphalt derbys are faster, harder..
                    Sort of like what my sig says...........
                    Thom

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      My buddy Norm said it hurts for a week. He had a similar issue to DB's except it was his eyes. Try doing Figure 8 with limited vision! In fact - Bob, do you or the kids do Figure 8?

Dan
                      No.. We build for the " beat em up" style.. The fig 8 and hare n hounds look like fun.. They just get your car too hot for the finale which pays the most.. Anywhere from $1200-$2K top prize.. 2 nd is generally half what first is.. So everybody wanta to be first..
                      Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 9, 2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Why dont you guys use Camry's and Altima's?

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                          Why dont you guys use Camry's and Altima's?
                          We wanna live..

There are mini and mid size car classes..
                          Toyota Celicas are desired.. Honda civics do well too..

I need to add more to my photo bucket. We have used Galaxies, Edsels, Impalas, Electras... For some reason, The big Olds do not do as well..

I've seen a Diplomat with a 4.3 v-6 chev nail the pass. Door on a Volvo wagon, the door ended up on the driveline hump..

Comment

If they were all Camry's and Altimas and Sonata's then you'd be fine,I wouldn't go and try against a 79 Town Car though.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                              If they were all Camry's and Altimas and Sonata's then you'd be fine,I wouldn't go and try against a 79 Town Car though.
                              Lots folks think the towncars are tough... Not so.. Rather drive a crown vic or Caprice like Brian's .. Even newer Caprices are good ..
                              Ford used aluminum backing braces in many of their cars no real way to keep them on.. One Vic we ran had alum backs, it got a Monte bumper..
                              General rule is 65 up Galaxies till the 80's Vic's are not worth the time to build..
                              GM X-frames also bad.
                              But the Caddies 64-74 are good but take alot to strip and build

Comment

Working...
                              X