Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we all a little touched in the head or is the rest of the world crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we all a little touched in the head or is the rest of the world crazy!!!

So my family and friends think i have issues lol. I like cars and i like many different kinds. My dad started me off on this obsession and he an i have a nice collection of vehicles right now. We have a 66 Corvette convertible that was our project car 20 years ago and has since fallen back into project status after years of neglect an 87 WE4 optioned Turbo T Buick, the 94 Impala wagon in my sig, and he just got a 92 Cadillac Allante the end of last year. I just sold my 74 Corvette around Easter to help pay off some bills and clean out the cars a little. Well after that we bought a new Dodge truck since they were giving good deals on it and we all swore that we weren't buying anything else. Welllllll i saw a pretty little 94 Mustang GT convertible in the local Craigslist.......you guys know always hve to be on the lookout for parts or a deal to good to pass up lol.........Well my wife loved it so now we have aded that to the collection. Now i originally planned on getting rid of the wagon and playing with the stang as i have alwasy wanted a 5.0, although a fox body, but the vert makes up for the newer body style. But since the wife likes it i may just let her have it and play with the wagon. I am very fortunate that my wife and kids and i live with my parents and do not have a mortgage. We live in a two story "farmhouse" down on the river on a 5 acre plot of land. I just never really saw the need to move since we are in such a beautiful spot and have out own space in the house. So for me my money gets wasted on toys for me and the kids and my toys just happen to be cars. People at work see me and are like your crazy!!!! Everytime we see you your in a different car what is wrong with you!!!!!! Your wasting your money on cars why do you need so many different things yada yada yada. They mostly all drive beaters and just park them where ever and bang their doors into whoever. I have always felt a car is a part of your personality and everything i have ever owned, with the exception of my very first car a beater Monte Carlo, have been very unique and are easily identifiable as "my" car. I have one buddy that is a car guy but he has one car that he has had forver and contiues to mod and change it up. He does have another toy or two he has added later but he also doesn't understand the whole get a car play with it for awhile and move on. I don't know maybe i am just weird lol. I see a lot of people on here that also have one project that they stick to forever but then there are people that always like to have different toys and many options. Its just funny how most "normal" people never understand the whole car thing, even though a lot of them do ask to go for rides from time to time! ;) Just had to come on here and vent a little as i am sure there are many others that hear the same thing all the time.

Re: Are we all a little touched in the head or is the rest of the world crazy!!!

Nope, its just you! LOL ;)
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Re: Are we all a little touched in the head or is the rest of the world crazy!!!

My garage is full,my truck is in the street and park my daily driver in the neighbors driveway.Like Jeff said its just you ;)

Comment

I understand the car thing, I don't understand the living with the folks thing, no matter how beautiful the setting. Since you have no mortgage I'm sure you have your kids college edication fund take care of right? ;)

Comment

I haven't lived with the folks since I was 18, but hey - if it's working for you, it's OK with me. This car thing is really weird, though. Now if you had an inline six Camaro LSR car, a '88 5.8 'Stang convert, a '88 F150 awaiting paint, a '98 Dakota V8 car trailer tower, and a '08 HHR - then you would be perfectly normal. Don't worry - if you have to explain, they don't get it and never will. Their loss.

Dan

Comment

To each their own...if it suits you and I ain't footin' the bill, ;D.

Myself, I've been on my own since I was 16(I turn 35 this year).......nothing like havin' your own pad.

It's just you...LOL....nice toy collection, though!

Comment

Gas is over $8 a gallon where I live... and I've just driven my 500" powered '60 Chrysler NewYorker to the DMV to get permission to the drive on the Dutch roads... so, yeah you guys must all be crazy... ;D ;D
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I'm crazy, as are most people I know. the "normal people" do not exist. I just have not taken any of my medication since I filled my barn up with stuff that is either broken or in many piles!!!!! ;D

Comment

I currently own 54 Cars,and 1 Truck. My Brother(who now lives in Iceland...)has 12(all old,& all but 2 are Buicks...). My twin Sisters have 4 Camaro's between them(These are hobby Cars,not their daily-drivers...),my other two Sister's have also share a Camaro(a '78...) :o. I don't see what the problem is........... :D ;D :D ;D. This is not good,I own more shit than the Webmaster.....does this mean I'm banned :-\ ;) ;D ;D :D???? ~OO6.

Comment

LOL very nice glad to see there are plenty of us whackos out here

8 Duckets a gallon whoa man and i thought we had it bad!!!

For us its just more practical to stay where we are. We have the upstairs of the house my parents are downstairs. We have 1 neighbor and basically can do whatever, fire up cars open headers around midnight to break in cams, take the atvs out and rip around lol. My wife and i looked at house awhile back but in order to get anything with land and a garage your looking at half a million anymore. Just don't want that kind of mortgage.

Comment

i have had the same truck since i was 16(ok so im only 18) but i couldnt ever see myself selling it to get another "toy". cars to me mean the world and i treat them like one of the family(atleast better then some relatives) and i just want to start buying them but never selling them.DF has the right idea of getting something and keeping it for as long as possible even though he goes through cars like i go through pants

Comment

The rest of the world IS crazy and I'm definately touched in the head... so I guess it's yes and yes. ;D
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Many years ago,at a family party,I overheard my Father & Mother talking to some of my relatives about my Brother's Cars & my keen(growing...)intrest in them,they said: "Johnny I can understand having 'an intrest,after all,He IS a GUY & that's what GUY'Z DO at that age......but what are you going to do about Stephine?" My Mother responded: "I'd like to think this is all just a passing phase for her....she'll grow of it...give it time....." The FOOLS! Those complete and utter FOOLS ;D ;D :o :o :D :D!! ~OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent-OO6.
                            Many years ago,at a family party,I overheard my Father & Mother talking to some of my relatives about my Brother's Cars & my keen(growing...)intrest in them,they said: "Johnny I can understand having 'an intrest,after all,He IS a GUY & that's what GUY'Z DO at that age......but what are you going to do about Stephine?" My Mother responded: "I'd like to think this is all just a passing phase for her....she'll grow of it...give it time....." The FOOLS! Those complete and utter FOOLS ;D ;D :o :o :D :D!! ~OO6.
                            Mwhahahaha!!!! That is good. ;D
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

To each their own, I know a guy that just spent the last 3 years of his life building the most beautiful little Duce,he has 50 miles on it and is selling it so he can build a gasser....I dont get it...I am a one car kind of guy, I just dont have the disposible income to toss a bunch of coin at a car then turn it for a loss and the buy something else to do it over again..If I could I woud build cars...keep them and drive them....The space would be an issue tho

Comment

Working...
                              X