No announcement yet.

Gotta love attentive dealerships (RANT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love attentive dealerships (RANT)

Currently, there's a Ford dealership in town that after today, is pretty sick of seeing and hearing me. Yet, they are too scared to do anything but fulfill my requests.

This dealership is the one I got the 300C from. They sold the Mustang within a couple of days, for $15,900 (SUCKER!!) Ah well, good on them...they gave me the price I wanted for it, they made a couple of bucks, no harm, no foul...

riiiiiight...

This last Friday I was in Tempe competing in a collegiate business competition. About two hours before competition kicked off several friends and myself were eating at a brewhouse outdoors, being obnoxious-ass people, when my phone goes off, showing an unknown Prescott-area phone number. I answered, expecting the dealership. Instead, I got the new owner, who was asking about the Mustang's modifications.

My memory sucks, but I damn well know I did not give permission for the dealership to hand out my phone number. I make quick polite conversation, got off the phone. Monday I went into the dealership and ripped the used car salesmen apart. I was pissed, and rightfully so.

Today, during my lunch break, I went to get the car washed to rinse off the sand and crap that the last round of storms had coated on. Sitting in line, it's about 55-60 degrees out. Not thinking about anything until I hear the "Ding!" that signifies that the car wants attention. The temp gauge is tach'd out in the red. Oh, shit! I shut the engine down and let the engine come down. I make it through the wash, drive the car back to school, and call to the Dodge dealership, moving a once-over tech check appointment up. The whole drive I'm monitoring the temp gauge like a hawk.

Test results dropped a bombshell: The car was low on antifreeze by over a gallon. Pressure tests, fine. No leaks. And, oh by the way, your front strut bushings look worse than the bushings on your '83 Imperial. Now I'm furious.

A phone call to the manager at the Ford dealership got people moving. I'm getting a check tomorrow for what I paid Dodge to do today. They are also taking a look at the bushings. They swear they didn't give the guy my number, and that they called him and rather forcefully told him to not call me again, while giving me some bullshit about "he looked you up via CarFax"...etc I've never seen such incompetence at one location.

[c:/rant(off)]
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Ford........

Comment

They had the car. Bought it off their used lot.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Good customer service with detail oriented people are getting scarce.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yep. And it's a small wonder why I tend to enjoy being an angry asshole sometimes. Comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
            Yep. And it's a small wonder why I tend to enjoy being an angry asshole sometimes. Comes in handy.
            It is unfortunate that we sometimes have to be an asshole to get the service we should have gotten in the first place.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
              Ford........
              most new car stealerships, not just ford. At least they are doing something about it.
              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

at a minimum they are making it right...over all you cannot be too awful pissed. The person that called, well they should have called the dealership and asked the dealership to call you and give you that number...more proffesional that way...but some peple suck.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

It's the one thing keeping the temper in check. I had to contact the actual owner of the dealership to do it, but you're right, at least they are trying. Supposedly the guy who bought the Mustang lives in Prescott Valley. So, wonder when I will see him...

Comment

Dealerships are notoriously full of not the sharpest tools in the shed - regardless of brand or persuasion.

It's frightfully easy to find contact information on people - did you happen to leave a registration paper or other identifying information inside the mustang? maybe something fell under the seat?

Savvy internet searching may have been able to find you via the VIN? Heck I don't know.

I'd be much more upset about what appears to be a total lack of "dealer prep" on the mopar than I would a phone call from the gent who over paid the dealer for your old mustang.

Back before the internet - we got a call months after trading in a car - if those folks could track us down then - imagine how much easier it is now.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      Dealerships are notoriously full of not the sharpest tools in the shed - regardless of brand or persuasion.

It's frightfully easy to find contact information on people - did you happen to leave a registration paper or other identifying information inside the mustang? maybe something fell under the seat?

Savvy internet searching may have been able to find you via the VIN? Heck I don't know.

I'd be much more upset about what appears to be a total lack of "dealer prep" on the mopar than I would a phone call from the gent who over paid the dealer for your old mustang.

Back before the internet - we got a call months after trading in a car - if those folks could track us down then - imagine how much easier it is now.
                      No shit on the dealer prep...and you pay the dock fees which, if memory serves is supposed to cover the dealerships cost of getting the car ready for the lot....I bet a clean car showed up and they turned it right to the lot...never looked at it once.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The Mustang was stripped clean. I made sure of that. The dealership claims no responsibility. But it's my cell phone...I don't know how easy it is to pull that number up. I figured it'd be pretty difficult without help, but normally dealerships don't hand out names, either.

Maybe I'm just assuming too much here.

You're right, too...I am more pissed about the coolant and bushings than the phone call. I've seen how much a new 5.7 costs. If my engine nuked itself because of their screwup I'd be almost uncontrollably livid.

Comment

I think you need to go to horse and cart man...your run of luck with the automobile aint too good.

Comment

Bryan, pull a car fax - you can get the names of the former owners. If it were some kind of commuter car, I doubt anyone would call.... but a guy calling about his new mustang? That seems like something most would do about their dream car...

still, why not do the same thing the mustang's owner did on your new car - call the former owner and find out if there was a problem that pushed the sale of the car - you don't have to tell the dealership you know what's what, but you could certainly get information that would be useful in getting the car fixed.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I got to ask, why didn't you check the fluids yourself when you bought the car..... The thing about coolant, is it just doesn't disappear, it went somewhere, the question is where??...... No leak, not sure if I'm believing that, keep an eye on it..........

Comment

Working...
                              X