Coffee drinkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee drinkers?

Any coffee drinkers? I am not a coffe snob, it doesnt have to be roast x,y or z...it dont gotta be from any specific story nor does it have to be a special bean pooped out by some rare mamal in a brazillian rain forrest...I just like a good cup of joe in the morning....

But man, a bad cup of coffee is almost as bad as a kick in the man parts in the morning and will ruin my day just as bad.

Went to the chow hall this morning and got some breakfast and a cup of coffee...it tasts like mop water and ass...day is shot to hell...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Nope. Never developed a taste for it. I am, however, a conny-sewer of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke. Coffee is still a mystery to me - I don't know how anything that smells so good can taste so bad! How do you know how either mop water or ass tastes?

Guess I'm no help at all on this one.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; April 12, 2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm a big coffee drinker.......I usually open up the Starbucks
      in my territory.
      Have one spot I stay in Jonesboro, AR and no Starbucks but
      the Hampton has a dark roast that suffices.
      The new blond roast that Starbucks has isn't bad........although I add
      a shot of espresso.

During the winter months we'll buy roasted beans from
      Whole Foods and grind them ourselves........then do a french press.

And yeah.......nothing like a bad cup.......I remember military coffee from
      my days. It could get pretty bad.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Nope. Never developed a taste for it. I am, however, a conny-sewer of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke. Coffee is still a mystery to me - I don't know how anything that smells so good can taste so bad!

Guess I'm no help at all on this one.

Dan
        I know lots of folks who dont like it...I like cream and sugar in mine...do not like the bitter taste of black coffee...but when sweetented....its like the nectar of the gods to me....I dont care for diet coke but regular coke is a weakness...Ice cold coke is heaven in a glass...but i try (really hard) to only have one a week.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I drink 2-3 cups in the morning, black. At my office they have "free" coffee, it a syrup they the mix with hot water. Not the greatest in the world, but the price is right. Few restaurants around here have decent coffee, but have not figured out what the big deal about dunkin doughnut coffee is.

I agree a nasty cup of coffee makes the day start bad!!
          Last edited by nesabo; April 12, 2013, 08:28 AM.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

blechh ..give me turkey diet iced tea all day long....... instead of coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              Yeah I'm a big coffee drinker.......I usually open up the Starbucks
              in my territory.
              Have one spot I stay in Jonesboro, AR and no Starbucks but
              the Hampton has a dark roast that suffices.
              The new blond roast that Starbucks has isn't bad........although I add
              a shot of espresso.

During the winter months we'll buy roasted beans from
              Whole Foods and grind them ourselves........then do a french press.

And yeah.......nothing like a bad cup.......I remember military coffee from
              my days. It could get pretty bad.
              I love the new blonde roast from starbucks...and McDonalds coffee is good as well as Dunkin' Donuts...

I like to grind my own beans fresh for my pots at home too. A gift the wife got for me...grinds the beans and shoots them in the filter, filters the water and double heats the water and brews all at the same time...makes a nice cup of coffee but that maker is a little long in the tooth and will need replaced soon.

This crap infront of me...I think is like sanka so some crap like that...not the worst cup of coffee but man...it is bad.

Comment

I'm definitely a coffee achiever. I consume enough of it, and need it badly enough that I consider it a vice. I love a really good cup of coffee but I rarely have one. Plain old Maxwell House is my daily fare. I don't want to get such a refined pallet that I have to have something fancy-I want to always be able to enjoy a plain old cup of coffee. There is a point though where it's just too awful to choke down. A ruined pot of coffee is a shameful waste.

Comment

I have one rule - NO COFFEE NO WORKEE.

I've kicked the habit before - but I like it too much to stay off it long - I'm like you Joe - not a snob - but appreciate the good stuff.

Dan - look carefully into the chemicals in that can of diet coke - or any pop for that matter - there's much more bad stuff in a can of soda than in a lot of things these days - you're WAY better off drinking water, coffee, tea, juice, etc.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I will drink the hell out of a pot of simple maxwel house. Something about it...like comfort food.

Comment

I just started drinking coffee about 3 years ago. Brew it, pour it in a cup and enjoy. I don't need any sweeteners or creamers. Good coffee is like a good steak; if it's done right, you don't need to add anything to it.
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I like my coffee (in a regular coffee maker) STRONG.
                        My mom brought us a Keurig B30 machine a while back.
                        Been hooked ever since, makes perfect coffee every time.

Comment

I'm not a coffee snob either, I just like it like I like my women, sweet and blonde.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            I'm not a coffee snob either, I just like it like I like my women, sweet and blonde.
                            I like it like I like my women too, but I cant go to starbucks and ask for a cup off coffee thats naked and willing.

Comment

Love the smell, hate the taste. Sensitive to bitter tasting things. I would have to drown it in cream and sugar for it to be bearable. I might as well drink a coke instead, so I do.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X