StationWagon GTO.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StationWagon GTO.......

Saw this at the Cruise on Central today, thought I would share....

phoney ,......lets not cheap out with slapping emblems everywhere

Comment

I'm thinking creative badging too.....
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There were no wagon GTOs built, all are badge and trim specials. Im not a huge fan of wagons, but I suppose a 65 would be a good one to have, especially since I have so many 65 parts laying around now.

I would be interested in a 4 door hardtop or coupe, mainly because I could turn it into a two door with some of the stuff I have around here.

Comment

I like what if cars. A 442 vista cruiser would be cool.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I like it,neat vinyl top too.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              phoney ,......lets not cheap out with slapping emblems everywhere
              Thank you, Captain Obvious. Of course its not a real GTO wagon.

There is one here almost identical here in LA. Its a gold '65, but with original, and very expensive, Hurst wheels. No vinyl top.

That one looks nice. I like it.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                I like what if cars. A 442 vista cruiser would be cool.
                what would that need..
                a transmission. that is done all the time.

I love those years of wagon. ..even Japanese made mini versions. little windshield flat roof...and a chassis that can do 1800 mph in the wind with its sharp edges. So scary.

I have a funny story about the windshields. There are entire realms of years pushed into antique status because the modern inspection stickers were not meant for little windshields.(hinder vision)

Inspection exempt. protected by antique.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Likeeey!!..Looks just like a version Pontiac could have built.The next version of a phantom GTO wagon,should be a 2 door.Thumper..you have the parts

Comment

I think its kool as hell! Red Lines would make it perfect.

Comment

a 69 Z28 with A/C

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                        Likeeey!!..Looks just like a version Pontiac could have built.The next version of a phantom GTO wagon,should be a 2 door.Thumper..you have the parts
                        Ok, if I could find a wagon in my price range (think dirt cheap) I could turn it into a two door post. That would be cool as hell I think. If someone wants to donate one, all I would need is another set of doors, or some fiberglass doors for my LeMans. To really do it right it would need to be lowered with a kick ass suspension and brakes under it, and of course 455 or stroked 400 power. I would definitely pimp a wagon built like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                          Ok, if I could find a wagon in my price range (think dirt cheap) I could turn it into a two door post. That would be cool as hell I think. If someone wants to donate one, all I would need is another set of doors, or some fiberglass doors for my LeMans. To really do it right it would need to be lowered with a kick ass suspension and brakes under it, and of course 455 or stroked 400 power. I would definitely pimp a wagon built like that.
                          I agree with your idea, but, I would probably attempt to do an up to date 421 with RA or edelbrock heads...kind of like a 65 chevelle 300 2 dr wagon...
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                            a 69 Z28 with A/C
                            With an automatic.

I like the station wagon GTO, too. You have a regular car? Make it "yours" by customizing it. That's what we do.

I like the blacked out tail light panel on my Chevelle. I don't care that it's supposed to signify a big block, to me black just looks better than body color.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a dressed-up sta-wag.

We all know they didn't come out as Goat/442/GS/SS/CJ/SCJ/R/T wagons....but nothing wrong with having a bit of fun with what was once a family-mobile.

Still waiting on someone with deep-enough pockets to slam one on the pavement, put some kinda mondo-turbo engine in one and go head-cuttin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X