Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cruise of the year is in the books....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First cruise of the year is in the books....

Kinda chilly, but had a few more show up than I'd have figured on.

After not having cruised the Z last year(too feckin' HOT) or driven it much to be honest, felt good to get out and burn some hydrocarbons and make noise.

Had planned on getting that shifter in before now, but still need to order the adapter arm from Hurst just yet....all in good time.

Anybody else get out and about this weekend?

Where did you get off to?

When does the suds start happening?

I have had my car out a few times already this year. Just mainly cruising out here in the country.

As you may have known, I lived in Terre Haute area but now I live in Lizton.

Comment

The Suds started back in last weekend, as did the heavy-hitter crowd up at the O'Reilly's on Madison(starts up around 9 PM on Saturday nights), just north of Troy, around where the old Super Shops building is located(it's RPM Performance now).

Been out of the loop for a bit, had to recharge my batteries so to speak....all good now. Lizton, eh? I know zackly where that sprawling metropolis is at....might cross paths this year, never know.

Not certain when it starts back up, but the Sonic in Avon(U.S. 36&Raceway Road) ususally does a once-a-month cruise-in, and seems like they were doing some kinda cruise-in deal at the K-Mart parking lot in Brownsburg...I have been to those as well, but normally head to the Suds.

Comment

Had our first one this evening at local Burger King.......weather was pretty good.
        Got cool as sun went down.

Lots of cars..........couple of my buddies had their updated rides there.

Next Saturday at McDonald's but will be hosted in the Home Depot parking lot........better space for parking.

Always good to see friends you haven't talked to in awhile over the winter months.
        Last edited by Monk; April 13, 2013, 07:36 PM.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Yap I hit up the big(500+ cars) Cruise on Central today, lots of really nice cars, saw a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while... All and all a really good time.....
          Last edited by TC; April 13, 2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

It's still winter here!
            Attached Files
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Got the t/a running on its own gas today. :-( still haven't gone on a shake down run yet.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

One starts here next Saturday. Had my car out today though.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke! View Post
                  The Suds started back in last weekend, as did the heavy-hitter crowd up at the O'Reilly's on Madison(starts up around 9 PM on Saturday nights), just north of Troy, around where the old Super Shops building is located(it's RPM Performance now).

Been out of the loop for a bit, had to recharge my batteries so to speak....all good now. Lizton, eh? I know zackly where that sprawling metropolis is at....might cross paths this year, never know.

Not certain when it starts back up, but the Sonic in Avon(U.S. 36&Raceway Road) ususally does a once-a-month cruise-in, and seems like they were doing some kinda cruise-in deal at the K-Mart parking lot in Brownsburg...I have been to those as well, but normally head to the Suds.

The Suds, the Suds, the Suds, are you guys talking in code or what? is that the drive in that's in Greenwood or is there one in Indy? O'Reilly's on Madison, the Sonic in Avon and the K-Mart parking lot in Brownsburg, it sounds like you guys have way to much goiing on over in Indy and I'm jealous as H...!
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Suds......yes the old drive-in in Indy.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The Suds is down in Greenwood. O'Reilly's is in reference to the later-hours gathering of "serious" machinery at the afore-mentioned parts-store parking lot on Madison Avenue(US 31 south), just north of Troy Avenue...clandestine acceleration trials may or may not be negotiated upon the premises, I couldn't *ahem* "speak" to the veracity of those claims.

The Sonic drive-in restaurant(yes, the national chain) located at US 36(aka Rockville Road)& Raceway Road hosts a once(or is it twice?) a month car show in the parking lot it shares with the Meijer mega-store. The K-Mart in Brownsburg...you passed by it when doing the Red Ball Express hand-off to Dan and I over at Force's shop, it's right off the exit from I-74 at State Road 267&Northfield Drive.

Edward's Drive-In also hosts Saturday cruise-ins as well(Raymond&Sherman), there was some crusing/power-parking at the mall over on the east-side(Dan could verify this).

However, the Suds is still THE place to be on a Saturday afternoon into the evening(usually wraps around 8-ish).

Shit, Phil.....drive over from Champaign/Urbana and come hang out one of these weekends. Would do one of those Novas good to get out and stretch its legs.
                      Last edited by tiresmoke!; April 14, 2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Suds......yes the old drive-in in Indy.
                        man I can't believe I said Indy. Yes It's in Greenwood.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hey, no big deal.....

Anyone else in the area wants to get out and cruise/hang out, roll on down that way next weekend...as long as there's no rain, I plan on getting out again.
                          Last edited by tiresmoke!; April 14, 2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I'm really trying to get the t/a back out there but I need to have the car running good in the drive for at least 20 min. Then the head pipes seem to be leaking badly. I can't stand leaks in front of the converter. Since mine is hollow , need no leaks till the muffler. I put new studs in the manifolds......Don't get why its leaking.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Check your PM's

Comment

Working...
                              X