Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Brad Lashes Out At Nascar About Illegal Car

I am Sure Race Winner Kyle Busch was Clean And Legal

#2-Brad Keselowski lashed out at NASCAR officials after Saturday's race at Texas Motor Speedway because of NASCAR inspectors forcing his team to change the rear-end housing in the #2 Ford before the race. Both cars for Penske Racing, including teammate #22-Joey Logano, had to make the change moments before the race. Logano barely made it out in time for the green flag. Logano started in the back, but finished fifth. Keselowski finished ninth. "I have one good thing to say," Keselowski said. "That's my team and effort they put in today in fighting back with the absolute bull that's been the last seven days in this garage area. The things I've seen over the last seven days have me questioning everything that I believe in, and I'm not happy about it. I don't have anything positive to say and I probably should just leave it at that."
    But he didn't. Knowing major penalties are likely for his team, the defending Sprint Cup champion made his feelings clear. "There's so much stuff going on ... you have no f------ idea what's going on,'' he said. "And that's not your fault and that's not a slam on you. I could tell you there's nobody, no team in this garage with the integrity of the 2 team. And the way we've been treated over the last seven days is absolutely shameful. I feel like we've been targeted over the last seven days more than I've ever seen a team targeted. But my guys kept their heads on straight and they showcased why they are a winning team and championship team. We're not going to take it. We're not going to be treated this way.

"We're not going to take it. We're not going to be treated this way."

LOL, Don't you know who I am? You can't treat me this way!!! What a joke. Add that to the list of reasons why I don't care for him.

... unless, perhaps, he's playing a character - like those guy in the movie "Days of Thunder". Could he be treating his Nascar career like the guys in professional wrestling? Acting the way he does when he's "on the job"?

Comment

Hendrick got busted on this last year ..of course race announcers don't have the aptitude to even describe what was

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
        him.

... unless, perhaps, he's playing a character - like those guy in the movie "Days of Thunder". Could he be treating his Nascar career like the guys in professional wrestling? Acting the way he does when he's "on the job"?
        If Nascar took on a WWF theme, I would start watching it........

Comment

Rules are rules, regardless of the particular racing format.

I do agree that there's a whole lot of ambiguity in that "Actions detrimental to stock car racing", and that some teams seem to get away with murder while others are pounded into the asphalt over seemingly trivial boo-boos(technical description, I know...LMAO).

I COULD continue to rant about the inequities or the downfall of a once-great form of auto racing, but it's pointless...I simply choose to NOT support it by watching the races by either attending or on television, or purchasing any NASCAR-specific products.
          Last edited by tiresmoke!; April 14, 2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

whats the technical on a rear end housing.

too many cooling fins for the injection hertz or what.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

6 cylinder it
                like a ja p cor vair

Comment

Interviewed Monday morning on Fox Business, NASCAR Chairman Brian France said Keselowski would not be fined for his comments Saturday night. France said he disagrees with everything Keselowski said, but understands that he was blowing off steam. France also defended NASCAR's fine of Denny Hamlin earlier in the year.

Comment

As much as I support all of Ford's teams . . .

Historically, Penske's been a cheater (read "The Unfair Advantage" for some of the more celebrated Penske scams . . . .http://www.amazon.com/Unfair-Advanta.../dp/0837600693 ) So who can blame even the Toyota-loving, Hendrick-coddling, stage-managed vestige of NASCAR for keeping an eye on him?

Undoubtedly NASCAR doesn't really like that Penske's Fords are running better than expected (and possibly spoiling the Traitor Gibbs Toyota/Jailbird Hendrick Chevrolet battle that NASCAR apparently wants for the 2013 Cup)

So even though Keselowski's self-serving paeans to the honesty of Penske should be winked at, perhaps he's got valid points about the even-handedness and effectiveness of NASCAR's enforcement bureaucracy.

Comment

Interesting that WJ said in the latest Hot Rod interview that there's never been a 100% legal winner in NHRA PS . . . .

And he essentially accused the NHRA of the same sort of inconsistency Keselowski charges NASCAR with, albeit in much less bratty and more professorial tones. WJ seems to imply that NHRA knowingly tolerated Mopar's use of N2O until the explosions became too frequent to ignore.

Comment

hendrick got cracked down on last year
                        penske tried the same thing and got busted

Comment

Comment

no comment

Comment

Ha, the green fuel filler, "American Ethanol"...

Comment

Working...
                              X