• Time
  • Show
Clear All

68 should have an M30 glide or a th 400
    th350 was new for 69
    not much left there

Comment

So do you own it yet?
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

How about you buy it and I buy get it from you, then I build it? Looks like an easy build for me and I have always wanted a 1st gen Bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          How about you buy it and I buy get it from you, then I build it? Looks like an easy build for me and I have always wanted a 1st gen Bird.
          ^^ this is the Jesus with a body hammer guy I was talking about....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Seriously, I'd buy it for $500, clean it and list it for $2000.

Comment

That's a great buy at that price if it's got clear title - in your profession - that should be NO PROBLEM to work out!

I'd go for it!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You ask if it's worth it? Yes, if you part it out. No if you restore it.
                Last edited by groucho; April 15, 2013, 09:25 AM.
                STUGOTS

Comment

Wow, for $500 i'd have had that bought before sundown. Worst case, you're out $500, well worth taking a chance on.

Comment

Buy it, haul it out on a trailer - stop at a quarter car wash and blow as much funk off of it as you can before bringing it home, then evaluate if it's best to part it out or look seriously into the costs of a restoration.

I'm sure there's more than $500 in parts there, likely 2x3 times that if your patient.

Great that you found one - sure hope you can save it one way or another
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                      You ask if it's worth it? Yes, if you part it out. No if you restore it.
                      I could restore it for less than $10k, and a 68 is worth more than that when done. My labor isnt included of course, but then who includes time they spent watching TV or having sex in the cost of what they do?

Joe, Jesus is a decent body guy, once we got him to stop using so much filler and actually bump the dents out. I think he was from Guatemala, cool kid that worked for a friend of mine back home.
                      Last edited by Thumpin455; April 15, 2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Buy it,and sell it for 2-3000$..it really doesnt look that bad..and primer spots and surface rust..there seems to be someone that have tried to restore it or paint it some time ago.It could be better than the pics show.

Comment

Well, you heard it here .... buy it !!!

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how you got him to answer the door...

Comment

Well, I'm selling my 12 bolt out of my Camaro to a friend in the next month or two...at a seriously discount rate. He has stored my 89 Formula for free, and is setting up my 9"center section, so he gets the "I'm so gratefull it ain't even funny" discount. That said, the money would pretty much cover the cost of the car. In the back of my mind, I'm worried I planted the seed, and the guy could either start asking around at work, put it online, or up the price. It was an obvious concern at the time, but I also didn't really anticipate a price that would have me considering the car either. I already stand to inherit my dad's 95 Formul and 70 Challenger one day, and already have a 69 Camaro and 89 Formula. We have our second daughter due in a few months, and I have long argued that each child needs a cool project car. The wife has responded with minimal opposition to the idea, and expects a vintage Mopar of her own one day. So, I got that going for me.
                              Motor City Muscle

Comment

Nightshifter,

I had a badge and a gun. I was worried when I first inquired that his concern would be I was there to advise him to get rid of the car or face an environmental ticket. Luckily, when I asked about the car his immediate reaction was "Yeah, wanna buy it?" That's what I'm talkin' about! None of that "Some day I'm gonna....blah, blah, blah" bullshit.
                                Motor City Muscle

Comment

Working...
                                X