Mexican Darts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Darts

Has anyone brought any in from Mexico. What is involved? Is rust a problem down there. Up in Canada we cannot find anything without lots of rust for a good price. I am looking for a 1968-1969 Dart. Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Mexican Darts

There's a difference between '68-'69? I know things got interesting in the '70s (I deal with one guy with a '82, it's a M-body 2 dr.)
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

When I was there on vacation a number of years ago I saw what looked like a Dart but had a Valiant nose on it (basically a hardtop Valiant) , probably a 69. It wasnt a junker either that had mismatched parts all over it. Good looking car.

Comment

I think DF had a photo in a car craft years back from a guy in Mexico or one that visited Mexico about the Mexican Falcon...it looked like it was a mix of diferent car parts but thats the wayt was built....

I belive the problem is going to be safety....but I am not sure,,,, I researched what it takes to get a car into the states from Canada...but not Mexico.....

Comment

Chrysler sold some interesting things south of the border based on older cars with new sheet metal we never got in the US. This is a 1978 Dodge Charger, which appears to be based on a '60s era Dart.

Not sure about importing things from Mexico to Canada, but you'd have no trouble registering any car over 25 years in the US.

Comment

It would probably be easier if I could find one in the USA. There is no problem bringing them to Canada. Anyone have a 1968-69 hard top or convertible Dart for sale. I would want to start with one of those "rust free" bodys if possible. All I need to do is sell my wife's Miata and then its a go.

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X