Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian!! Find someone to buy this MA 71 Newyorker ASAP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian!! Find someone to buy this MA 71 Newyorker ASAP!!

When the heck do you buy a 440 ANYTHING this cheap, let alone this clean!!

1971 New Yorker, 440 / 727 Auto / 2.76 open 8.75
    4 Doors - Power steering, power front disc brakes, manual locks & windows, power front bench seat
    Clear MA title

Edit - 4/12 Price drop - $2300

Good:
    Low rust - garaged West Virginia car
    Unmolested - very original
    95% of the way to being a solid driver - I did the shocks, muffler, power steering pump, elec fuel pump, heads, lifters, pushrods, transmission, master cylinder, elec ignition, tires, battery, and more that I'm forgetting
    Original A/C car - it's all there but doesn't work

Bad:
    Rad & heater core leak under pressure
    Original Carb sucks - I rebuilt it but it's never run as strong as it could, should be replaced.
    Driver side rear tire leaks - I think it's the rim

I daily drove this beast for 6 months then parked it in the garage when I bought a truck. It's been basically sitting since then as priorities changed. I would love to keep it but I just don't have the space, time, and $$ to make it mint. It really needs a rad, carb, and a nice dual exhaust setup to be a sweet summer time cruiser on the cheap (maybe a cam to wake it up a bit?)

It runs and drives but bring a trailer as the rad pees when it's up to temp.

I don't think there's a cleaner '71 440 anything to be found for this short $$

Located in Marlboro MA
    PM me here on the board or
    email me at mangsen "at" gmail "dot" com
    Text/call (774) Two-Four-Niner Four-Six-Eight-Four

The original 727 I pulled out comes with it - forward gears are good but reverse slips
    Original heads come with it too

More pics from a few years ago - nothing's changed except some more dust

wow.

a true guru will bring a torch and solder.. those "rads" are meant for repairs in realtime.
    brass/copper...and coolant was frightening once upon a time. leaks were not welcome at all ever.

I like the old standard much better. nice car.

fixing the rad may gain a function in the carb.. they were very smart about all that stuff.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Neat car, for sure. I'll send this to my father in law. Apologies for lack of enthusiasm, just a tough night.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Too bad this car was not out west, we coulda put a sold sign on it!
        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          Neat car, for sure. I'll send this to my father in law. Apologies for lack of enthusiasm, just a tough night.
          Understood. I was living under a rock and didn't realize all of the suffering in your area...

Comment

airport limo

Comment

Ahoy there !!
              sigpic

Comment

that is beyond pimp IMO
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

dear god, that thing is exactly what Ive been wnating...
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

Whomever buys it will need to bring a harbor pilot to undock it from the garage.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

my grandpas was a 72, same shit brown and 4 door, first car i ever went fast in, it was a beast
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Needs to be shipped to The Netherlands, for sure. BBM - have you seen this?

Dan

Comment

IwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwant IwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwant IwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwant IwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwant!
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I bet that thing is as long as my crew cab 8ft box pick up - good Lord - that's wretched excess in sheet metal right there.
                            What's the curb weight on that bad boy - 6000lb?
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              I bet that thing is as long as my crew cab 8ft box pick up - good Lord - that's wretched excess in sheet metal right there.
                              What's the curb weight on that bad boy - 6000lb?
                              I want to say it is as long as a 91 Suburban. A neighbor had one and we measured my truck and his car...i dont remeber the exact numbers bu I do remeber laughing our asses off about the size of the damned thing
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X