Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STINEY
    replied
    Interesting thread......never heard of boiled peanuts. I'd be afraid to try them as, though I love peanuts, they don't love me much anymore.

Are grits supposed to taste like mushy cardboard? I'm honestly curious. I have only tried them 3 times over the years - and at chain restaurants at that, so perhaps the restaurants didn't do them justice?

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I liked the frist one I ate! Someone said somthing about grits, I like them but not plain you have to add something, butter, salt, sugar, cheese. The thing i dont under stand is you go out to eat and they want to charge you an arm and a leg for shrimp and grits, its just shrimp and grits!
    Right? and dont tell anyone from the south you like anything but salt or butter on your grits....that will bring out a lynch mob.

Me, I like em...with butter and sugar...thats right southerners...I said it...SUGAR IN MY GRITS LMAO!

food is funny, like politics...it brings out the best and worst in people...

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    is it an aquired taste...I would say so.I tried them...nasty, nasty things...yuck...gross, like crunchy, slimy snot...you can have 'em.
    I liked the frist one I ate! Someone said somthing about grits, I like them but not plain you have to add something, butter, salt, sugar, cheese. The thing i dont under stand is you go out to eat and they want to charge you an arm and a leg for shrimp and grits, its just shrimp and grits!
    Last edited by Russell; April 17, 2013, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    is it an aquired taste...I would say so.I tried them...nasty, nasty things...yuck...gross, like crunchy, slimy snot...you can have 'em.

Leave a comment:

• mrocketscience
    replied
    No, it's pronounced more like BOWLED. ;)

Leave a comment:

• PatricksDad
    replied
    Originally posted by peewee View Post
    BALD PEANUTS. Boiled for days or pressure cooked for hours. Boiled peanuts. In the shell.
    Fixed it for you, PeeWee.

Pronunciation, like grammer matters.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    While I was stationed in Charleston SC I saw the stands everywhere, but I didnt stop. Mostly I figured if the person in the stand or in the lawn chair next to the boiling pot didnt have any teeth, then there might be a reason not to eat boiled peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr4Speed View Post
    I've never heard of such a thing! Are they soft and mushy? Do they taste different?
    Yes they are soft, I would say they taste diffrent that dried or rosted.

Pea nuts are a legume or type of bean they are not nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Hm - never tried them. I'll try just about anything once (never say that in Japan)

However - the stories I've heard from military folks about boiled bacon? NO, that one breaks the rules - that's just plain wrong.
    Bacon in soup is boiled....

Leave a comment:

• studemax
    replied
    BOILED PEANUTS. Boiled for days or pressure cooked for hours. Boiled peanuts. In the shell.
    My Dad bought some when he was stationed in Savannah.
    Eat too many of them.... you get the trots.

Leave a comment:

• Mr4Speed
    replied
    I've never heard of such a thing! Are they soft and mushy? Do they taste different?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'm with Ed. Still too much of a Yankee for grits or boiled peanuts. Some things ain't right......

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Love em! Never had them out of a can always seemed wrong.

Leave a comment:

• mrocketscience
    replied
    Boiled peanuts? Hell Yeah! I grew up in South Carolina, so we used to buy those at country stores or gas stations. Can't get those here in California.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Hm - never tried them. I'll try just about anything once (never say that in Japan)

However - the stories I've heard from military folks about boiled bacon? NO, that one breaks the rules - that's just plain wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X