Alas, it's not the first time . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    I guess this makes DG the last man standing . . . .

How 'bout it 'Geek . . . any thoughts?
    I haven't been on this forum for more than 2 minutes at a time for the past 3 months. I took a job 3 hours away from my home, been living out of a hotel, I work from 6am-5pm so I didn't even notice all this hubub until tonight...

My thoughts are this: I don't have "spats" with TC or stich. Just like anyone else around here who is viewed as an authority on any particular topic, or who gets credit for any kind of noteworthy achievement, I attract cyber-hecklers / bullies like Stich and TC who can't stand someone else besides themselves being complimented, or considered an authority. Proof is when I disappear for a few months and they both start shit with other folks. Shame on me for sticking up for myself when some douche follows me all over the internet (believe me, TC will be on speedtalk starting crap within hours of this post, or perhaps he probably already has).

It's actually more annoying to me when the 2 or 3 Self Appointed "Dr. Phil's" here lecture both of us without so much as a slight grasp on the real problem. That bothers me more than TC's idiotic "advice." Or the guy who, every time I start a post, has to say something like "Bangshifters, please understand that DG is actually an OK guy" hell yes I am an OK guy, if people don't like my delivery then they don't have to read it.

TC did a lot of damage here, and should have been banned a long time ago. Ever notice how many successful guys don't post here anymore?
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      Everyone loves Spidey!
      Agree 100%, in no way would I ever rank SGM anywhere near the Stich/TC type of guy. He's hilarious, insightful, and a heluva historian. His FB pics and posts are great too.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The only time I get tired of the back and forth arguing, is when it devolves into something not useful such as a pissing contest about who has the smaller winkie. As long as there is something to be learned from it, its useful and beneficial.

DG has helped me with issues Ive had, and we have disagreed on a few subjects, but there is no reason to get in a tool length argument over it. I almost always learn something when reading his posts which helps fill in the blanks and gaps in my knowledge.

TC didnt rub me the wrong way, except for the downward spiral of certain threads where I had to scroll past two pages of crap to see something useful.... and the comment he made causing this whole thing. Take a stroll around Dachau sometime and it will humble you. I dont think I could ever go back there.

TC and Stitch would question certain things, and I would go find the answer for it, so the skepticism can be useful. When its combativeness rather than skepticism that is when it becomes a problem. I dont dislike them, but damn guys improving the world is better than watching it burn.

Like Forest Gump, thats all I have to say about that.

Comment

this is a long thread.

the rank stuff happens, sometimes dramatically.
          I have asked to leave everywhere I have been...except a few.
          I may be on another wavelength. TC did not bother me at all... and I do not know what happened with the stich either.

if one likes enough of a subject, there are not many problems anyway...knowing when to listen.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I get busy with work and car stuff car and I miss all kinds of shit going down. I completely missed the straw that broke Brians patience.

I have hung out with Alex twice and his personalty in person was far different than what he wrote here. He is like some people I have worked with. I enjoyed hanging with but not working with them.

As for Stiche, I completely understood what was going on with him healthwise. His frustration was being vented here. I just ignored him at those times. I was the same way when I was having health issues as a teen. I was a total ass to people.
            Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 18, 2013, 12:49 AM.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              I haven't been on this forum for more than 2 minutes at a time for the past 3 months. I took a job 3 hours away from my home, been living out of a hotel, I work from 6am-5pm so I didn't even notice all this hubub until tonight...

My thoughts are this: I don't have "spats" with TC or stich. Just like anyone else around here who is viewed as an authority on any particular topic, or who gets credit for any kind of noteworthy achievement, I attract cyber-hecklers / bullies like Stich and TC who can't stand someone else besides themselves being complimented, or considered an authority. Proof is when I disappear for a few months and they both start shit with other folks. Shame on me for sticking up for myself when some douche follows me all over the internet (believe me, TC will be on speedtalk starting crap within hours of this post, or perhaps he probably already has).

It's actually more annoying to me when the 2 or 3 Self Appointed "Dr. Phil's" here lecture both of us without so much as a slight grasp on the real problem. That bothers me more than TC's idiotic "advice." Or the guy who, every time I start a post, has to say something like "Bangshifters, please understand that DG is actually an OK guy" hell yes I am an OK guy, if people don't like my delivery then they don't have to read it.

TC did a lot of damage here, and should have been banned a long time ago. Ever notice how many successful guys don't post here anymore?

I seem to remember getting involved once or twice in a thread where you two were going at it - so if I'm one of the "self appointed Dr Phils" that is more annoying than TC was to you, I apologize. I appreciate your input and respect your professional accomplishments.

Comment

A man has got to know his limitations....
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I too am a self appointed Dr. Phil...dont like it?...tough shit.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    I too am a self appointed Dr. Phil...dont like it?...tough shit.
                    Lol. I think you do a better Dr. Phil than I do.

Comment

ALEX, miss you bud. Wish you the best. Hope it's not forever.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                      X