Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching LeMans?

Yep....it's 1am.

Yeah, just got back from announcing a drag race.

Yep...I'm watching guys careen around the French countryside in the rain.

Hmmm...one of the announcers just mentioned that one of the TDI cars was having problems with a spark plug because the egts were low in one of the header pipes according to a team source.

Didn't know they were running spark plugs in diesels now.

Corvettes are behind the Aston Martins as of right now.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Anyone watching LeMans?

hehe, you're an announcer through and through!! Thanks for the update, it's off to the tube!!

Comment

Just was, and I will be again once I finish here.

Comment

I am-gotta root for 'Vettes!

Comment

Hate to say it, but the last time I watched LeMans, Mercedes were learning how to fly...and doing it very well.
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3rxq7U1mA&feature=related
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

'Vette boys did us proud with a scrappy fight, but the Brits won the day.

Those A-M boys race about once a year and the Corvette guys are out every weekend, but I guess that's racin'.

This thing hooked me until 3:30 in the morning, then back on at 7 when I woke up. Me and my intrepid companion Tom watched it till the finish...post race is on now.

He kept saying race cars "Vroom...Vroom" and "Tyers".....it's a good father's day.

Argh....The majesty, pagentry, and overall awesomeness of LeMans ends and in the most stark contrast ever, we go directly to coverage of the CrackerJack 300...ro whatever the hell the taxi cab race is called this week.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Sorry to say I missed LeMans coverage...was out late cruising my junk for the first time in a LONG time.

I need to start catching these things, seems I'm missing ut on some great racing....as opposed to the Mega-Mart 500 sponsored by Uni-Som.........to be fair to them, lots of good people and solid engineering there, but the "races" are 15-20 laps of racing, followed by a LOT of meaningless parade laps.....zzzzzz...

Comment

I missed it, ended up watching these little buggers battling it out. http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/mcd_dia937.shtml
                Mini NASCAR. ;D

Comment

Some good racing this year. Neat to see the class leaders end up within a lap of each other after 24 hours. I was rooting for the Canadian boys, Ron Fellows in one of the Corvettes, and Jacques Villeneuve in the 2nd place Peugeot.

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

ever find it funny how the french put on all these great events, but they never have a winner? I think the french would figure out how to lose a surrending contest and thats what they're best at.

Comment

*spits beverage at monitor*

Funniest thing I've read all day......... :D :D :D

Comment

I missed it for the first time since SPEED started covering it ('97?) :'(. My wife and I were working on the house this weekend. In the past I've always geared up for it, drinks, snacks, etc.. And my wife knows that I'll be totally useless for the entire weekend. Next year! ;D
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
                          ever find it funny how the french put on all these great events, but they never have a winner? I think the french would figure out how to lose a surrending contest and thats what they're best at.

You mean they lose at losing, That about right.
                          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Missed it for the first time in a long time...Too bad about the corvettes

Seth
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Loved the audio cars sound exotic

Comment

Working...
                              X