Do you remember this 1970 AMX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember this 1970 AMX?

I was referred to this forum recently when I made the following post on another. http://www.theamcforum.com/forum/do-...opic49259.html

I'm hoping a fellow member of this community will remember the car and shed some light on it's history. I was told it ran in the NY/ PA/ OH area back in the late 70s - early 80's.

Unfortunately, I don't know previous owners, what track it was run at, etc. Those are the details I am seeking. If anyone had any pictures tucked away somewhere in their archives, that would be amazing.

Any information is appreciated.

Nathan
    Last edited by SheriffAMX; April 19, 2013, 10:12 AM.

Link doesn't work.......

Error Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Last edited by mike343sharpstick; April 19, 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Mike - Do you know the car at all? Sorry - I'm no help.

Dan

Comment

Nothing, It has the kind of paint done by the 'Nolan Brothers' from I think Ohio, or Pen?? There is some web info on them. But lots of painters were doing this in the 70's.
            Is it a '70 or a '69 with updated sheetmetal? Many of the Hurst-SS cars were updated.

BTW, the car is freakin' awesome, I hope the paint doesn't get changed! Not much 70's street machine remaining any more, and it was a big part of the Muscle Car history.
            Last edited by mike343sharpstick; April 19, 2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
              Nothing, It has the kind of paint done by the 'Nolan Brothers' from I think Ohio, or Pen?? There is some web info on them. But lots of painters were doing this in the 70's.
              Is it a '70 or a '69 with updated sheetmetal? Many of the Hurst-SS cars were updated.

BTW, the car is freakin' awesome, I hope the paint doesn't get changed! Not much 70's street machine remaining any more, and it was a big part of the Muscle Car history.
              This car is an original 1970. It is not an original Hurst AMX, or 1969 which received a conversion.

With such a unique paint scheme I'm hoping someone remembers it.

Comment

I don't know anything about it, never saw it before, but it is badass and i am inlove with it!!
                67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott View Post
                  I don't know anything about it, never saw it before, but it is badass and i am inlove with it!!
                  X2.
                  Sure is a nice car...
                  Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 19, 2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

That is one tripped out paint job! I love it!
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X