1936 Chevrolet Assembly Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 Chevrolet Assembly Line

Keep in mind, this film was made in 1936!

This is an amazing video of a 1936 Chevrolet Assembly Line. This is really awesome footage of a 1936 Chevrolet assembly factory. Note the automation that was already in place, the workers lack of any and all modern safety equipment, glasses and helmets, and they ALL know exactly what to do and its getting done. Check their sizes, you can tell it requires labor. Note also that when the body comes together with the chassis that it is in FULL trim, Interior, windshield, all glass etc. is already in place as it is dropped onto the awaiting rolling chassis "AMAZING."

Simplicity at its best.

Note that while the metal finishers are checking the sheet metal for minute and tiny flaws, and defects that they are wearing heavy leather work gloves?

Guys doing the same repetitious job of placing 3 rivets, in the 3 holes on the chassis for about 35 to 40 years?
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

I saw this one someplace some years back. It really IS interesting how stuff got done. Someday they'll be saying the same thing about us. "Grandpa, why didn't just pull the cars with a tractor beam instead of burning all that fossil fuel?"

Dan

Comment

Great music too.
      Didn't I see you working one of the presses, Dan?
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Great music too.
        Didn't I see you working one of the presses, Dan?
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It's called Master Hands, here's the full version.

Comment

cool, thanks for posting this!
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
            X