X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a barn find....

....but a ferry find

This is epic
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Good stuff
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

wow, that is interesting.

my sube ferried around that area, up towards Ketchikan.

the thread mentioned the ferry got passed around a lot, never restored.
      I hope the Chinese restore it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Been on that Ferry many times, a friend's father purchased it back in the early 2000's and had it towed to that location. Needless to say he made a good amount of money selling off the generators, life jackets, kitchen equipment etc. We had quite a few parties on the boat (it looked much better at the time....) and they filmed at least 2 movies on board.

Fun fact - when parked it had pretty much a full load of diesel.... needless to say after they did some rigging they were pumping diesel out to their cars & trucks for at least 3 years (and any friends who showed up could get a fill as well).

The purchase price for the ferry at that time was VERY low...... The wiring in it was messed up from vandalism, but basically everything else was intact.

Last year during the spring runoff there were concerns that it would break loose of the moorings in the river (my friends father had sold it by that time) and the provincial government paid to have new pilings put in to secure the ferry (and will have to sue the property owner to get the money back - not likely to ever happen)

Here's a picture of one of the pistons hanging from a tree at the former owners house - he had just sold one of the cylinder liners back to BC Ferries (who he bought the ferry from). Click image for larger version

Name:	ferry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	869489

Comment

Neat truck....maybe one day he'll figure out that it's a 59 not a 58, and it's a 235 engine, not a 270, etc. The 58 panel truck behind it is even better!
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That's coool! Small world.
            I've always had a thing for classic ships, ferries aren't excluded either
            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Working...
            X