Groucho's FORD!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Grumpy
    as for the Shaker hood that didn't appear till 1964 on the Thunderbolts, I'm sure whatever Groucho does it will come out looking sweet!

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    Uh oh, don't look up^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I guess what I was trying to say was I don't remember seeing the Ford version of the "Shaker Hood" until they built the 64 Thunderbolts, if they were factory available on the 63 1/2 - 427" Galaxie then I stand corrected.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Here's the front raised 2 1/2". The severe rake, and look of being broken is gone, still looks good and it's DRIVEABLE!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by groucho; April 23, 2013, 07:58 AM.
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
        Originally Posted by Grumpy
        as for the Shaker hood that didn't appear till 1964 on the Thunderbolts, I'm sure whatever Groucho does it will come out looking sweet!

I guess what I was trying to say was I don't remember seeing the Ford version of the "Shaker Hood" until they built the 64 Thunderbolts, if they were factory available on the 63 1/2 - 427" Galaxie then I stand corrected.
        I have no idea if they were around before the T-Bolts. I was just showing that it looks pretty good on the 63 1/2. I'm not one for being "correct". If it looks good to me, I'm going for it.
        STUGOTS

Comment

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
            I'm not one for being "correct". If it looks good to me, I'm going for it.
            I'm with you there!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

nice find. Now I want one.
              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

I believe the Teardrop hoods showed up on 1963 A/FX Galaxies. So, they would be correct for that year. Also available were fiberglass fenders and aluminum bumpers. Rare stuff, though.

Comment

DRIVABLE!
                  that's important! I really struggle with the stuff in the weeds (if it's not adjustable air ride)

A car that looks great sitting still is just a really expensive paperweight if you can't drive the damned thing for fear of ripping the oil pan wide open.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You need this

A 406
                    Last edited by Huskinhano; April 23, 2013, 02:46 PM.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Groucho, that thing is just beautiful. These wheels, those wheels, these tires, those ones, whatever. Like Dan Stokes said, if you decide to not want it, send it over here.

That's one of my most fave old Fords, nearly but I can't quite put my head around it. A slightly different year, maybe by a year or two....shouldn't say because I can't describe it and I don't know what year, right there at it. Kinda like the Andy Griffith sherriff car, but that wasn't quite it either. In that era, maybe the 64? I dunno.

And from one of those photo angles, yeah, I never saw or realized it before, but room for lots of hookers in the trunk. Maybe more than three.
                      Last edited by pdub; April 23, 2013, 03:58 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        Groucho, that thing is just beautiful. These wheels, those wheels, these tires, those ones, whatever. Like Dan Stokes said, if you decide to not want it, send it over here.

That's one of my most fave old Fords, nearly but I can't quite put my head around it. A slightly different year, maybe by a year or two....shouldn't say because I can't describe it and I don't know what year, right there at it. Kinda like the Andy Griffith sherriff car, but that wasn't quite it either. In that era, maybe the 64? I dunno .

And from one of those photo angles, yeah, I never saw or realized it before, but room for lots of hookers in the trunk. Maybe more than three.
                        skip the back seat and go straight to the trunk?
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                          skip the back seat and go straight to the trunk?
                          No, dead hookers in the trunk! It goes way back. I had to ask Brian what it was about. It's from a movie. Maybe somebody smart will post the cilp again.

Comment

No, dead hookers in the trunk! It goes way back. I had to ask Brian what it was about. It's from a movie. Maybe somebody smart will post the cilp again.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              It's a classic scene from a movie and Brian made reference to it a few years ago..... alright, you're going to make me have to go try to look it up dadgummit. Stand by. Patiently. This could take a while, I don't look up stuff so well

Comment

It's a classic scene from a movie and Brian made reference to it a few years ago..... alright, you're going to make me have to go try to look it up dadgummit. Stand by. Patiently. This could take a while, I don't look up stuff so well
                                I'd rather stay with the theme of the thread
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X