Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environmentalist against Solar and Wind Power.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmentalist against Solar and Wind Power.....

It begins, the realization that solar and wind facilities take large quantities of land to become viable. Large amounts of available land is usually found far outside of the cities that need the power so lots of transmission lines will need to be built. Here's an article about a power company looking to build a huge solar/wind facility to send power to San Diego and the Eco-nazi's are now against the transmission lines (which I believe is only the start, they'll protest the size of the plant as an eye sore and bird killer too when it gets closer to being built). Must suck to be these enviro people, I mean are they ever happy?

Escaped on a technicality.

Re: Environmentalist against Solar and Wind Power.....

No...they won't be happy until we regress back to a hunter gatherer existance...oh, wait. We won't be able to hunt animals because it's "cruel" and there won't be enough food to feed everybody because modern farming techniques are "bad" :

Someday the powers that be will realise this, stop drinking the kool aid and tell the envirowhackos to go live in a cave.

I'm all for being environmentaly responsible....but within reason.

Comment

OKAY......Here is the deal.

These people are only looking for a cause. Nuclear power is clean, quiet, and efficient. The plants are monitored like Guantanamo Bay prisoners by the Nuclear regulatory commission and they produce very little biproducts.

Greenpeace would chase our submarine around in a diesel powered crappile that leaked more diesel than it burned, just so that they could protest our completely clean Nuclear sub. Unreal.

Until they find a Unicorn that shits electricity they won't be happy(Even then they would bitch about feeding it).

Rant over.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by 66gg1tnc
        No...they won't be happy until we regress back to a hunter gatherer existance...oh, wait. We won't be able to hunt animals because it's "cruel" and there won't be enough food to feed everybody because modern farming techniques are "bad" :

Someday the powers that be will realise this, stop drinking the kool aid and tell the envirowhackos to go live in a cave.

I'm all for being environmentaly responsible....but within reason.
        LETS JUST HUNT AND GATHER THEM

Comment

It's not our pollution that they all hate (and by "they" I mean the enviromentals, the UN and most other countries), it's our affluence. Just like most of us are thrilled when the NY Yankees get knocked out of the playoffs, the rest of the world wants to see us go down. NOBODY in this country has to walk farther than their indoor bathroom for running water...out "poor" have color TV, and homeless people have cell phones.

Some of my favorite observations:
          remember when it was horrible that we were killing poor innocent trees to make paper garbage bags? "Oh! Let's switch to plastic!! It's recyclable and environmentally friendly!" Yeah...and it NEVER biodegrades. And they blow all over in the wind. And they kill turtles, and they're filling up the landfills. And oh yeah, the production of plastic is hell on the environment. But hey, it's a good thing we're not cutting down all those renewable trees anymore to make biodegradable (not to mention stronger!) paper bags. That we'd only use one of for every 4 or 5 plastic bags.

Studies have shown pasture land produces more oxygen than forests. Gee, that's an inconvenient truth.

The southern ice cap is thickening and growing. Hmmm...

The temperature on Mars has increased. Damn...our global warming has gone Universal!

The whole world was bitching at us about developing renewable biofuels. So we did. Now they're bitching because we did it, and we might not be able to feed the world's poor. When did it become the responsibility of OUR government to feed people in other countries? How's about THEIR government step up?

I've seen several HUGE wind farms (one just this week). Those big honkin propellers aren't spinning like B-24 engines. They're swirling pretty slow and lazy. I have a hard time believing flocks of birds are flying into them and getting blender'd. But if they are, that'll fix itself in a couple of generations. (Remember...every year in the animal kingdom is a generation). Good lord...it's a good thing these idiots didn't have a cause when the Model T was built--they'd have been demonstrating to save the squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits. Oddly enough though, those animals have all managed to survive, even though millions of cars roam the country.

Have you noticed that when they say on the news "Today was the hottest day on record" they always follow it up with the date that was the previous record holder? And that those dates are usually from the 1930s? You know...the Great Depression, the Dust Bowl, etc. How come it wasn't Global Warming back then?

I always heard about the hole in the o-zone and how horrible it was, but how come they've never told us why it closes each year, all on it's own? And opens back up each year about the same time?

How come the Kyoto Protocalls target the US (and the other industrialized Western nations), but give China and India--countries with far more people, and that are industrializing at a pace far outstripping us--a pass?

I've also recently realized that most of the vegans and vegetarians I've come across are also Pro Choice. Hmm...can't kill a cow for food, but...

-Brad

Comment

the eco warrior does not live in reality with the rest of us. for instance, the "food price spike" supposedly caused by biofuels.. the food prices went way up OVER THE WINTER. iowa didnt have another growing season over the winter, food prices are way up because FUEL prices are way up. it takes fuel to move the FOOD. the supermarket doesnt magically stock itself with mac and cheese and captain crunch, that food comes on a semi truck that runs on DIESEL FUEL. iowa farmers didnt suddenly plant all corn or beans last year either..

ive heard the enviromental whackjobs wont let california do controlled burns to keep the brush down in case of fire.. this results in massive fires that seem to burn half the damn state when they start due to a tossed cig or a lightning strike, or some kid playing with matches.. one can only hope a few eco warriors watched their homes burn as a result..

Comment

What I hate is anyone tells me what I can do with my car smog system and all

Comment

Here's a good one. Here we have gaps in cell phone coverage on a major highway, so when there's an accident, people die because they can't call for help, or the people that try to help have to drive further down the road to get a signal. This has gone on for years and finally a bus full of people crashed and went off the road in the winter and the people were stranded for hours. In another incident, a car went off the road in the snow and the man, a senior citizen who was injured, went to get help for his wife. He froze to death before anyone found him. His wife lived. The environmentalists don't want any new towers erected because they take away from the beauty of the landscape. So the phone company developed towers that look like trees. No good says the idiots, the wildlife knows that they aren't real trees and are freaked out by them. I say put these people in a car that they can't get out of and let them sit there for a while in -20 degree weather and figure out how they are going to get help.

Comment

Time for me to chime in. I AM an environmentalist, and damn proud of it. Here's the deal. Far too many Enviros don't want to admit that EVERYTHING is a trade-off. There ain't no free lunch. If you build wind farms, there HAS to be transmission lines - how is that different from what we have today? And maybe, if we're starting from scratch, we could BURY those lines, so they would be safe from hurricanes/tornados, etc, as well as looking better. Yes, there would be some earth disturbed - TRADE-OFFS. Not all Enviros are stupid, and we don't all want to usurp individuals' rights. The reality is that as a nation, we have some tough choices that we are going to have to make in the fairly near future or none of us are going to have enough power, enough fuel, or decent, usable water and air. The sooner we get our heads out of the sand and face this like grown-ups, the less painful it will be for everyone.

I don't want to have my A/C unhooked, my race cars taken away of rendered useless, or my ability to take a motoring vacation (like we will do in a few weeks) taken away. And if we act reasonably and fairly promptly, we can maintain the freedoms we all enjoy. If we don't act, it will be done TO us, and not by our (or anyone else's) government. Economics will take over and we'll be screwed. We don't have to like it (I don't), but that's the reality of the world in these times.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, it's all "What is reasonable?" Which is subjective. In relation to this article, the lines are better over head as Southern California does not regularly get Hurricanes or Toronado's (especially 200 miles into the desert), and the lines will almost certainly cross several major fault lines, the biggest being the San Andreas, and in the event an earthquake takes them out they can be repaired and brought back online more quickly above ground (this is 750,000 homes that would have to find power elsewhere). As for enviro's? The only ones the qualify as Eco-nazi's for me are the lobby groups and people that are more political than scientific, you know Green Peace, PETA, Al Gore, etc.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Most people are far more political than scientific, whatever side they're on, or what their cause is.

People are very good at ignoring the case against their point of view, and only concentrating on the "facts" that agree with them.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        OKAY......Here is the deal.

These people are only looking for a cause...
                        This sums up the issue perfectly. Some people are only happy if there is drama or an "emergency" to rally around.

Comment

1. Our Grocery Store sell Canvas Bags for 90 cents each. We bought 6 of them. They also give you a 5-10 % Discount when you use the Bags. No Paper, no Plastic, totally re-usable.

2. When you go to the Store, ask your Neighbor to go with you or ask them if they need anything.

3. Learn how to use Hand Tools, (no electrical stuff) learn to to be a Craftsman.

4. Plant a Garden.

5. Have Pot Luck Dinners, with your Neighbors and Friends. Dont eat out, take your Lunch to Work.

6. We went to a 4/10 Workweek and Overtime is Optional.

7. Drive the Hell out of a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. Some things I wont give in to.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad54
                            The southern ice cap is thickening and growing. Hmmm...
                            Well, that's obvious of course. :
                            The Northern ice-cap is 'above', the Southern ice-cap is 'below'... Ice is thick and so where does it go? Down ofcourse. ;) No?

hey, anyone seen my pills lately...?
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brad54
                              I've seen several HUGE wind farms (one just this week). Those big honkin propellers aren't spinning like B-24 engines. They're swirling pretty slow and lazy. I have a hard time believing flocks of birds are flying into them and getting blender'd. But if they are, that'll fix itself in a couple of generations. (Remember...every year in the animal kingdom is a generation). Good lord...it's a good thing these idiots didn't have a cause when the Model T was built--they'd have been demonstrating to save the squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits. Oddly enough though, those animals have all managed to survive, even though millions of cars roam the country.
                              Early wind farms used smaller, fast spinning blades and happened to be in the migratory path of some endangered species. Once they changed the wind turbines to the large slow moving ones, the complaints changed to appearances.

There were people complaining about the environmental impact cars when they first came out. Mainly road deterioration and complaints about cars killing/scaring horses. (most of which were carrying people at the time.)

I always heard about the hole in the o-zone and how horrible it was, but how come they've never told us why it closes each year, all on it's own? And opens back up each year about the same time?
                              I've always figured it was from solar activity interacting with the earths magnetic field. Either the Solar flares get stronger or the magnetic field fluctuates and the solar winds blow away the ozone.

How come the Kyoto Protocalls target the US (and the other industrialized Western nations), but give China and India--countries with far more people, and that are industrializing at a pace far outstripping us--a pass?
                              Developing nations have the opportunity to develop their infrastructure based on renewable energy instead of being locked into fossil fuels. It's too late for us to easily change, but it's not too late for them. Plus, eco-friendly technology at Chinese prices would increase adoption elsewhere. It would likely be the death blow to our own economy, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X