Road trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip!

We didn't get an early start this morning but we are on our way to Denver for my sisters wedding. About 1500 miles round trip. Plan A was taking my mustang and dads 47 out. Well I still am chasing my tail on charging issues so the old &itch is staying home. Won't charge at all. We have it narrowed down to a couple things and not having a big enough alternator is one of them.
    So plan b is both of us in dads 47. The paint is maybe 6 days old on it. It's a balmy 30 degrees outside but we got heat and ac/dc rocking on the radio. No pictures yet. Unless you guys like looking at snow filled ditches and semis on a four lane.

My dads friend just lost his dad yesterday to cancer and its really too bad because was a hell of guy. Into hot rods and always smiling. We won't be able to attend the funeral because we are going out to the wedding. I know he is looking down giving us a thumbs up for driving the hot rod. In a way I'm pissed off to drinking that I'm having problems with my car but spending 4 days in a car I helped build with dad, bugging him about stupid questions is priceless. You never have enough time with loved ones.

I will try and post pictures as they come.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Cherish this time with your Pop - the drive will help him deal with the loss of his friend too I'm sure - well done!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Have a great trip!
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Be safe and enjoy the family outing -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          Cherish this time with your Pop - the drive will help him deal with the loss of his friend too I'm sure - well done!
          X2. What I would give to be able to road trip with my dad once more.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Have a good trip. A picture of the the 47 would be cool too.

Comment

Beautiful I80. I will get a better pic of the car at the next station. Had a valve cover not 100% seated on the gasket and was leaking a little oil. Fixed that and talked to a guy that does hot shots like on that show shipping wars.
              Attached Files
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Road trips are stupid. I don't know why anyone would do that. (Remember who's teasing you here!)

Hope you and Pop have a great time!

Dan

Comment

Still moving right along. My wife,son, and mom flew out of Omaha about the time we drove through Omaha. They should be landing any minute. Trying to calculate the difference between the GPS, speedometer and odometer. Oh and another fun fact. If your driving a car with paint only a week old and they are doing road work, makes you say swear words out loud when you hear the tar hitting said car.
                  Having a blast!
                  Attached Files
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

Traveled that road last summer... Looks familiar!
                    Enjoy the trip!
                    Be happy it's not JULY

Comment

Your better off with dad. Trust me. I'm in the same boat as Scott.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Be especially aware of new road striping! We were directed to drive over some new stripes in Nebraska (IIRC) and it was the epoxy type. It's still there. I scraped a bit more off today and it's been about a year! The tar can be washed off with Prepsol and other products - the epoxy has to wear off or get scraped. I did try a little lacquer thinner in the fenderwell today so we'll see what that does to the paint. Guess I'm recommending that you not go there.

Dan

Comment

Fun day. Just filled up got a room and a case if adult beverages. To say its been windy is an understatement. To quote my dad, Nebraska would be a good state to drive through at night. I second that. Not much to look at. There was this "archway"
                          Attached Files
                          Jeff
                          Follow My Build

Comment

Beyond bitchin'!!!!
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I heard that Nebraska got a sale on archways real cheap. Still, I like NE - I think the Great Plains are amazing. In fact, I haven't been anywhere in rural USA that I didn't love, each in its own way. Todd (Thumpin) may have some Nebraska input as he came from there.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X