Help Me Save My Brother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    As it applies to this thread, the underpowered Mustang puts down to the ground 3 TIMES what the Honda Fit makes at the CRANK. I'll include the "hp/liter" numbers for consideration.

Fit = 78 hp/L
    M = 84 hp/L

Pdub's even less powered stock Mustang holds a record for a speed in the mile that the Fit can only halucinate that it will ever achieve. Maybe if you dropped the Fit out of an airplane from several thousand feet it could go 135.

There are days when a Fit would be fine for what I need - picking up manure at home depot seems like a fine job for a Fit. Most of the time it would be fine. We're not in the "most of the time" business though. We're in the "I need more power" business.
    so what you're saying is, you only disagree with the word "underpowered" ? :-)
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Nah, I agree with that part too... It *IS* underpowered, but it's a Saturn V rocket compared to a Fit.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        Nah, I agree with that part too... It *IS* underpowered, but it's a Saturn V rocket compared to a Fit.
        I'm glad Red can't see the computer screen from out in the garage where he's resting, away from the rain outside. He doesn't know folks are talking about him that way.

He thinks he's a hot rod. I know better, but I'll never tell him any different.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

LMAO. Thanks guys.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            LMAO. Thanks guys.
            This may be the best thread ever. I hoped I'd live long enough to see the next Best Thread Ever. Didn't see it coming and of course you never do.

Comment

Just think how cars feel on cruise night!
              "Oh he thinks he is so shiney"
              "Yeah my nitros is hooked up, no I never tasted it.. I don't inhale! "
              "Oh gee, my human has a big mouth, I better prove him right!"

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Just think how cars feel on cruise night!
                "Oh he thinks he is so shiney"
                "Yeah my nitros is hooked up, no I never tasted it.. I don't inhale! "
                "Oh gee, my human has a big mouth, I better prove him right!"
                Fit. Prius. HAhHAhHAHAHaHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OK, I'm back.

First of all - guys, be nice to each other. Let's disagree respectfully.

Second, I have NO issue with cars from any continent. I LIKED my Fiat Stradas - plural. At one time I was the Sevice Manager/mechanic at an early Toyota dealership and found them (except the Crown - look it up) to be excellent cars. Boring but excellent.

Third - my issue with the Fix is that it's ugly as a mud fence.

Fourth - My Bro solicited my input on the Fit. I'm the family car guy and always have been.

He likes it because he travels all around the US, Canada, and Mexico by car. He'll get home from a road trip and be happy to be home - for a couple of wekks. Then "On The Road Again" starts playing in his brain and he's planning the next trip. He wants decent mileage but a fairly small car so his wife can't stuff it full of too much luggage, beverage coolers, etc.

No new cars for him - he's WAY too cheap. He's found some possible candidates on Ebay and of course, being the family traveler, he's fine with flying to wherever and driving his new score home.

I WISH he'd get excited about a VW TDI (I think he'd be happier in the long run) but he thinks they're too pricey, even used. And they might be too big - remember the crap-stuffing requirement.

Seriously, thanks for all the input. Unfortunately, probably nothing there that would turn his affections elsewhere.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; April 29, 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X