Ardun heads on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardun heads on ebay

What a find. I would think they are worth the money, but I have heard some comments on another forum to the contrary. What do you guys think? (And no I am not in the market!)

Re: Ardun heads on ebay

NOS? Those are definitely a find. I've seen used sets go for $17K, and they didn't even have all the parts that are included in that auction. They are kind of a pain to set up and get running properly. I know a guy around here with a '40 Ford Sedan that has a stroked flathead with Ardun heads and a SCOT blower. He had a hell of a time with them, and he knows quite a bit about them. The reproductions have cured some of the faults the originals had, with reguards to the oiling set up and valve angle correction. I'de say 22k for an original set of NOS heads is probably a good deal if you need them and have the coin.

Comment

Can you imagine if you told some one back in the day those would be worth 22k?

Comment

Those things have never been cheap. The guy I mentioned above with the '40 Ford paid something like 6 or 7k for his back in the late '70s.

Comment

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but what is the significance of Ardun heads? Are these antique aftermarket heads?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Slow
            Maybe I've been living under a rock, but what is the significance of Ardun heads? Are these antique aftermarket heads?
            Exactly. They are OHV conversions for Flathead Ford V-8s. They were developed by Zora Arkus Duntov, the Father of the Corvette.

Comment

Big power, over a stock in block valve set up
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

zora and his brother yuri - feeding chrysler corporation the next big idea

Comment

Working...
                X