Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Willys and Rig after the Hot Rod Reunion

Thought I'd pass this along......

Two very good friends of mine had their entire rig stolen after the NHRR-please see what's pasted below. Photo of the car attached as well.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [EASTCOASTGASSERS] ALERT - Willys stolen after NHRA Reunion
    Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:15:53 +0000

I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO POST THIS ON AS MANY SITES AS POSSIBLE:

Paul and Pam Ballash had their 40 Willys coupe stolen from Springhill Suites on the west side on Knoxville TN last night after the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green KY. The whole rig was taken.

Truck - 250 Super Can Ford pickup (burgundy) with Virginia tags.

The trailer length is about 26 ft., white, with Virginia Tags on it and also has a golf cart in it. The Willys has an antique Virginia plate that says "Low ET".

The Willys is a really bright yellow (with an emblem on the side that says "Low ET" . It is an awesome car. It is steel and has a glass hood and front fenders.

Please get the word out to as many people as you can. Many thanks. I think it is time to start using transponders and whatever else we can to keep these cars safe from these animals.

Barb Hamilton Advey

Re: Stolen Willys and Rig after the Hot Rod Reunion

Denise -
    That REALLY sucks. I guess if you don't have the ambition to either build your own stuff or at least earn the money to buy something nice, you just help yourself. As I'm sure you know, I'll be on the lookout for it. ME and I will be on the road at the end of July for a month or so, so we'll be in a good position to see a lot of road, where we will have it in mind to look for this rig. It's too big to hide indefinitely.

Dan

Comment

Whoever took this car, truck and trailer probably knew exactly what they were going to do with it. This type of car and trailer usually ends up being found, but stripped of all the parts they could take out. What they can't take will be destroyed. The truck will "blend in" much better and can probably be processed for parts, VIN swapped, or sold overseas.

It sucks, but I have to say it, Big Brass Ones to do something like this.

Comment

Andy -
        You're probably right, of course, but I hope you're not. If it stays intact there's a better chance of finding it (obviously). We can watch and hope.

Dan

Comment

Another Willys (33/blue) was stolen not too long ago in AZ.
          I have a bad feeling they are stuff in a container waiting for overseas transport.

Comment

I hate to here this stuff, will keep a eye out as I travel for work from MI to WV, VA, and KY.

Comment

I'd say less likely overseas and more likely the trailer will be found with a body and chassis in it.

This thing overseas would be a REAL attention getter if the owner took it out and one internet photo would be all it would take to start the process of catching the theives.

I think people are unwittingly bidding on the parts via E-bay already.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If somthing is stolen and shipped overseas,it must end in africa or the middle east..russia maybe,because australia europe and New zealand are pretty much covered with gearheads that looks on the net.. 8).

And shipping a container isnt so easy.I have heard about bad scenarios in the docks just because some paper isnt right..

Comment

Makes no sense to steal a car that easy to spot if you take it out somewhere. I hope they catch the F's and ship them Overseas.

Comment

Just posted on onther board to...hope they find it. I can't stand a thief.

Comment

sorry to hear that
                      growing up in NEW YORK , makes us very aware of the sticky fingered element

close the borders

Comment

Did they ever find the Rad Rides Car and Trailer that was stolen?

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I looks like it is a crime spree on older gassers:

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                          Thought I'd pass this along......

Two very good friends of mine had their entire rig stolen after the NHRR-please see what's pasted below. Photo of the car attached as well.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
                          To: [email protected]
                          Subject: [EASTCOASTGASSERS] ALERT - Willys stolen after NHRA Reunion
                          Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:15:53 +0000

I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO POST THIS ON AS MANY SITES AS POSSIBLE:

Paul and Pam Ballash had their 40 Willys coupe stolen from Springhill Suites on the west side on Knoxville TN last night after the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green KY. The whole rig was taken.

Truck - 250 Super Can Ford pickup (burgundy) with Virginia tags.

The trailer length is about 26 ft., white, with Virginia Tags on it and also has a golf cart in it. The Willys has an antique Virginia plate that says "Low ET".

The Willys is a really bright yellow (with an emblem on the side that says "Low ET" . It is an awesome car. It is steel and has a glass hood and front fenders.

Please get the word out to as many people as you can. Many thanks. I think it is time to start using transponders and whatever else we can to keep these cars safe from these animals.

Barb Hamilton Advey

This one was also stolen a short time ago

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1194565/FAMOUS-WILLYS-STOLEN.html

This car was STOLEN from SouthWestern International Raceway,Tucson,AZ $20,000. CASH Reward for it's return.
                          If you know where this car is and don't want to get directly involved,no problem. Just call me right away at: (520)298-6919. I'll handle it from there. I want my car back!! Somebody has had to have seen this car somewhere;in a garage,being trailered,body shop,track?
                          Bob Nevins, Tucson,AZ

[[email protected]]

Seller Phone Number: (520)298-6919

Item Location: TUCSON, AZ

Comment

Man that sucks. I just saw that car at the Gasser Reunion at Thompson a few weeks ago.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

This was posted over on the HAMB this morning:

The truck and trailer:

FortyFordguy on the Willys: Possible lead

Holy Cow! I think I saw it today! I was driving back to Cincy from Atlanta early this afternoon, and I stopped at one of the exits in north GA, real close to the Dalton area if not there. This exit had a Ramada Inn on the NW corner of the interchange. [img]http://Coming from the south I took the exit ramp to go right and into the McDonalds for a quick stop. There is a BP gas station right there on the NE part of the interchange and I was looking at the back end of that car. I didnt stop there but it was right across the road from the light out of McDonalds. The pick up truck hauling it appeared to be black. I cant remember if the thing was being flat-towed or on a low trailer. This would have been about 1:30pm or so. They had pulled in close to the right side of the station and the ass end of the Willys was what I saw directly in front of me. At that point, I was heading back onto I-75. Wish I'd known about this earlier! HOpe someone finds these guys.... Mac VP

Another picture of the car, courtesy of the HAMB:

Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                              X