Stolen Willys and Rig after the Hot Rod Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stolen Willys and Rig after the Hot Rod Reunion

I posted this information on the Studebaker Drivers Club forum and had a personal email reply from someone in western NC who saw a Yellow Willys in a shop that has a less than stellar reputation. I sent the information to the email address on the original post here.

Comment

It would be awesome if you had a hand in catching these jerks.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Very cool Joe!

Comment

Lets get them and hang up like a pinyata at drag week

Comment

A little good news.....from Drag Racing Online:

We have a bit of good news on yesterday’s note about Paul Balash’s Willys and rig that were stolen. The Knoxville, Tenn., police have recovered the truck. It was found still running. The trailer and racecar are still missing, though. Balash says he just installed a new 572/720R Chevy crate motor and a new M-22 Muncie 4-speed and Lakewood bell housing. Stay on the alert for any Willys parts or 572/720R Chevy crate motor for sale. Contact Balash at [email protected]. [6/17/2008]

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Folks -- this is one reason you have to customize your trailer!

A GREAT idea I read on another board was to paint a big number on the ROOF of the trailer - so it can easily be seen by police or traffic helicopters -- and the theives would likely never know the numbers were up there.

Also painting a number on the side of the trailer - or even someones name - something ANYTHING that would Identify YOUR white box trailer from everyone elses.

I'm not one to personalize things as I tend to like them plain and "incognito" but this is one area where it's better not to blend in.

I sure hope they find the sonsabitches and they are prosecuted to the full extend of the law -- it's really too bad we've done away with tar and feathering - draw and quartering - and hanging in the town square.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I say issue shoot to kill orders on sight of anyone in possession of this rig. Shoot first, ask questions later.
                Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Maybe I've been watching too much CSI, but just on this thread there has been mention of seeing the truck and trailer in North Georgia and in Tennesse with a suspicious yellow Willys in western North Carolina. Hmmmmmm......

I hope the posting of things like this on various Automotive forums will help catch the scum who do these things.

Comment

I wonder if the truck was abandoned, or were the bad guys nearby and just didn't go back to the truck once they saw the cops. Maybe there are clues in the truck that point to who they are or where they're going?

Comment

Originally posted by milner351

A GREAT idea I read on another board was to paint a big number on the ROOF of the trailer - so it can easily be seen by police or traffic helicopters -- and the theives would likely never know the numbers were up there.

that is an absolutely awesome idea!
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Wow that really is a good idea...

K

Comment

I'll try it! Of course, I have an open trailer, so it might not work as well.....

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                            I'll try it! Of course, I have an open trailer, so it might not work as well.....

Dan
                            just paint it on top of the car

Comment

I thought of that, but it might be noticed by the thieves. Kinda ruins the stealth aspect. Still, it is a really good idea.

Dan

Comment

our club trailer has the
                                "the road swines car club " in chrome on both sides and on the roof 1 for that reason and 2 for the advertisement lol
                                i hang out with a bunch of the guys that race in the nostalga gas classes and were at the runion hope thay find it

Comment

Working...
                                X