Be Careful out there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Careful out there!

We just learned my wife's brother was killed in a motorcycle wreck last night.

All things in life involve risk and our hobby is surely not the safest on earth - guys - please be careful out there and if you ride for Heaven's sake wear a helmet!

We have very little information regarding what happened at this point.

Please keep his two teenage boys in your thoughts and prayers.
    There's always something new to learn.

Sorry to hear that John. Thoughts and Prayers with your family.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Man, so sorry hate to hear that.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Words fail at a time like this....

Thinking of your family.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'm so sorry John, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Take care, John.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
            "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Thanks folks.

Local paper website has the anonymous report, motorcyclist appears to have lost control and rolled several times, no other vehicles involved.

I'm most worried about his boys - teenage years are hard enough, let alone with divorced parents, and now loosing Dad.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

They've got our prayers, John.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

As a rider, I hate to hear of these things.. His family as well as your's are in my thoughts..

Comment

Thought and prayers sent out. How good we have it until we don't
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Very sorry to hear. My prayers are with you guys and the family. I hate to say it now but check the bike for foreign paint. My have been crowded of the road. I would really hope he just made a mistake though. Again so sorry to hear.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Best to you and the family, John. I'd suggest that these boys have a GREAT uncle and I suggest that you sort of fill in there as you can. I know you can't be their Dad but you can fill the hole a little. Bring them to The Ohio Mile and share that experience - that sort of thing. And Lee could always stand a couple of "old" (to him) cousins to learn from.

But most of all I hope my best Positive Energy brings some comfort to the family.

Dan

Comment

Sad news. Experience teaches that faith, family and time are best for the survivors to carry on.

Without violating forum rules, I think back to how playwright Horton Foote handled the subject in "Tender Mercies" (1983) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086423/...ef_=tt_stry_pl

Mac Sledge (Robert Duvall), a washed up, alcoholic country singer, awakens at a run-down Texas roadside motel and gas station after a night of heavy drinking. He meets the owner, a young widow named Rosa Lee (Tess Harper), and offers to work in exchange for a room. Rosa Lee, whose husband was killed in the Vietnam War, is raising her young son, Sonny (Allan Hubbard), on her own.
                          Eventually Mac, with help (Divine and otherwise), turns his life around and he marries Rosa Lee, becoming Sonny's stepfather.

But Mac's happiness is shattered when his 18-year old daughter, Sue Anne, is killed in an automobile accident. After her funeral,

Mac returns to Rosa Lee in despair. He says, "I don't know why I wandered out to this part of Texas drunk, and you took me in and pitied me and helped me to straighten out, marry me. Why? Why did that happen? Is there a reason that happened? And Sonny's Daddy died in the war, my daughter killed in an automobile accident. Why? See, I don't trust happiness. I never did; I never will."

Yet the movie ends with a scene in which
                          Sonny finds a football Mac has left him as a gift. Mac watches the hotel from a field across the road and sings "On the Wings of a Dove" to himself. Sonny thanks him for the football and the two play catch together in the field.
                          Certainly in this life we won't get the answers to all of our "why" questions. Yet I've often thought of the "football" scene over the past decade as I've parented my half-orphaned grandson. Perhaps the reason I'm still here while others are inexplicably gone is to do my job of helping my grandson and Mrs. Outsider carry on.

I do trust happiness.
                          Last edited by 38P; May 1, 2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

sorry to hear, in our prayers

Comment

that is sad...and sudden.

There is alot of advice trying to help out.

I lost my mom when I was 19, all of a sudden. in fact, she was due to visit us.

one thing that agitated me.. people promoting change as if to forget her. I did not get along with any other women in my family who stepped up, including my stepmother. Years later, I have no regrets for getting angry when I did.

My mom would be mad too, if I moved on the way pressure tried to make me.

keep memories alive, especially being sons. Guide them into their fathers direction of work perhaps, but invading is no good.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X