I'm getting a bit concerned....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a bit concerned....

At 0700 the wife got a call on her pager and left. 4 minutes later she went flying by the house in the engine, the tanker followed 1 minute behind her. Just now, the 5th tanker, form other townships went by. Usually its car accidents and EMT calls, but today its a fire near one of the other firefighter's houses. Its really rare they get this many tankers involved, so it must be a big fire.

One of my neighbors is going to be homeless tonight.

My curiosity or imagination would get the better of me. I'd have to drive down the road.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hopes for the best outcome for all involved - the homeowner and the firefighters. Good for your bride for tackling this difficult job. I'd worry, too.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        My curiosity or imagination would get the better of me. I'd have to drive down the road.
        Better to stay the hell out of the way, no need to be a lookyloo when your wife is the chief.

Comment

Just need a old broken t.v. Mobile cam, and.a cap with"press "on it. She'll never know.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That sucks.
            My brother lost his house to a fire about 16 months ago.
            He will me moving into the rebuilt one next month. Lots of labor hours to get-r-done!

I hope everyone is OK.
            Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; May 3, 2013, 07:49 AM.
            A.K.A. Brian
            Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

A truck pulling buddy of mine was firing his brand new motor last night in his garage when the motor caught fire, burned the truck and the garage to the ground. Makes me sick to thing of all of the work he had invested gone in just a few moments, but at least everyone got out safe.
              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Long day for her, she still isnt back and its nearly 1400. She texted me and told me which house it was, due to distances and response times up here, structure fires are usually a containment rather than saving it proposition.

Comment

She's OK (and the others, too)? Sure hope so.

Dan

Comment

Oh yeah everyone is fine, the biggest concern with her is some drunk or jerk running into them while on an accident call.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                      Oh yeah everyone is fine, the biggest concern with her is some drunk or jerk running into them while on an accident call.
                      As it is with my son in law...
                      Pulled somebody over and a lifted rig knocked his smokey hat off.. Got the guy on assulting a law enforcement officer.. He had to get another hat and had a angry welt on his head from the hat band..

Comment

Dozens of people are homeless in Camarillo, CA. 15 square mile fire burning up there.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I saw that, why the heck don't you people clean out the underbrush out there. That would at least prevent a lot of the fires.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

It would be an endless job to do it right...people tend to just take their chances sometimes, or live in delusion. Same as living on the coast. Or anywhere you need levies.

In years past when most of the housing was laid out, things were greener and there wasn't the wildfire danger. The climate has become drier and in our area millions and millions of pine and eucalyptus trees have given in to insects and turned brown and died. It's made a big change in the hazard. Even if you're not near brush, the wind and fire run along the ground, I've seen incinerated green plants in the middle of huge asphalt parking lots after the fires came through. In the last fires here, a friend's baseball back stop in the middle of an open field melted and twisted into the ground, and the concrete-block building next to it, containing his '70 440-6 'Cuda, split down the side from the heat.

I wonder how our guy in Thousand Oaks is doing?
                            Last edited by Loren; May 4, 2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

The house is toast, everyone made it out safe. She finally got home 13 hours after leaving. There is a video on the local news channel site, near the end of it she is in the shot while one of the State Police guys walks up the road, has her back to the camera while she is talking to another chief.

Comment

Working...
                              X