700R4 Transmission Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700R4 Transmission Lines

I'm getting ready to install my transmission cooler lines. I have a 700R4 and a side tank cooler (stock cooler in the radiator). Does anyone know if it matters which line goes to which fitting? I don't think it could matter much but I am planning on connecting the top fitting on the trans to the top fitting on the radiator.

Please let me know if you agree or if you think it should go the other way. Thanks,
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

For it to work with a tank , to get it to work its best there should be a proper way. With just a cooler in line it wouldn't. The only way quickly to find out the in and out is to have the trans full and the lines off but going into two small bottles. Then fire it up for a second and see which one gets fluid.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

your question.. I had the same one 25 years ago.

it did not matter.

the cooling ended up being the 15 foot run just to get to radiator and back.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I was told to install the lines so the fluid is pushed up through the cooler as opposed to pumping it in the top and basically letting it drain down through the cooler... that's all I got.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
          X