No announcement yet.

I knew it was just a matter of time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew it was just a matter of time....

It seems as though someone in our neighborhood is not very thrilled with their new neighbors. This morning I had a nice lady with "Code Enforcement" pay me a visit regarding a certain car that is parked in our driveway. (i.e. Trusty Rusty) She had received a call regarding and I quote "a jalopy". Upon inspection of the said "jalopy" she determined that it was not, since it was current on tags and all four tires have air in them (even though it's aired out and sitting on the ground). She found it rather funny when I told her that this was a daily driver car and was not going to be returned to it's original self....so be expecting more annoying phone calls to be made. She even took pictures of it to show her superiors. Now how funny is that? :D

Re: I knew it was just a matter of time....

A victory! Daphne rules.

DF

Comment

That when you know you pulled off what you where trying to do all along.
      I kid the Doc all the time, when they say his car looks like it should run 7's, Pro Street done right.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I kid Chad all the time, when they say his car looks like it should run 15's... wait... it does ;D

That's pretty hilarious!

Comment

F you Kyle!!!! Rusty runs low 14's leaving at idle due to the completely thrashed posi unit. With the spray and some Geek tuning, we're going to be in the high 12's! I have succeeded though because I'm clearly much better at pissing people off and bucking the system than conforming. Can anyone blame me!!! When Daphne called to tell me about the cop I jumped up and down and told DF all about it. I have arrived...

Chad
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can honestly picture Chad squealing like a little school girl upon hearing the news... Seriously he's like that... oh and so is Rusty for those of you who don't know the car...

it's a rolling menace to society.... in other words... Virtually perfect... cause it actually rolls relatively slowly under it's own power...

And Finally Kyle's right... 15's ... anything else I'd have to see in person... and I'm not sweeping up the mess!!!

K

Comment

No seriously!!! I have time slips to prove it. Rusty ran 14.31 at Cordova on day 5 as it's best pass ever. She ran 14.4's or 14.3's on day 4 and 5. ZEX nitrous here we come. It's on the car and ready for bigger injectors and we'll thrash it in the next couple of weeks. We'll post updates and video of course...unless you guys don't like to see carnage and fun...

Chad
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

DF, we need better smilies on here, lets start with this one:

hahah j/k, luv ya chad!

Comment

Pic of said jolopy?

Comment

Track down an Oct 05 Hot Rod magazine and you can see Rusty and read how Chad created it. I've seen it in person on HRPT. Great car. Often wonder if we'd see it on side of road during tour.
                    John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Comment

jalopy????? obviously they didn't see the billet wiper arms.
                        Dustin, in Cincinnati

Comment

Are you kidding me? I don't think they even made it home on the car! ??? As a matter of fact they were in the house...on the floor... until I graciously placed them in the garage. I like billet and all but just not in the house. ;D

Comment

It is nice to have friends in the right places downtown. I had somebody complain about my son's 1958 Studebaker Silver Hawk that was parked in my front yard. Granted it had been there for quite sometime as he was off at school, then got a job 3 hours from us -- well, you can figure out the situation. A city inspector left a note on the front door to call him about the car. I was ready to really get upset about whatever he had a problem with. The car is licensed and insured and we pay property taxes on it, so what could be the problem. When I called the inspector he was great. He asked if the car ran and I was honest in saying it "could" run. I reminded him that it was licensed and all of that. He said he had no problem with the car, "just keep air in the tires and everything will be fine with me." I asked him if he wanted be to call him to come and reinspect it once the one flat tire was pumped up and he said no. He then through in that if I ever had a problem about it being there to call him personally and he would take care of it.
                            Joe Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by slightlywickedchick
                              It seems as though someone in our neighborhood is not very thrilled with their new neighbors. This morning I had a nice lady with "Code Enforcement" pay me a visit regarding a certain car that is parked in our driveway. (i.e. Trusty Rusty) She had received a call regarding and I quote "a jalopy". Upon inspection of the said "jalopy" she determined that it was not, since it was current on tags and all four tires have air in them (even though it's aired out and sitting on the ground). She found it rather funny when I told her that this was a daily driver car and was not going to be returned to it's original self....so be expecting more annoying phone calls to be made. She even took pictures of it to show her superiors. Now how funny is that? :D
                              I've been through this several times with the local authorities. Five to be exact. I'm victorious in all five, although with a bit of a twist in one of them. I'm now on a first name basis with half the lawyers in town, and the Chief of Police and I laugh about the "junk vehicle" ordinance.

If you are in Pennsylvania, and have trouble of this sort, I can get you a document that will solve your problems. Its straight from the state government and deals with "nuisances" in general, but "junk vehicles" in particular. If anyone wants details, I'll be glad to post them. In my opinion, "Junk vehicle" laws have a place, if enforced correctly, but left to some rabid individuals, those laws become a threat to landowner's Rights and car guys in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X