Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the farthest you've traveled to see/buy a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    15 Miles...
    haha, when you live in the desert, you could only travel to buy rust...

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
      haha, when you live in the desert, you could only travel to buy rust...
      Sadly, being blinded by lust...I traveled 15 miles...in the desert....and purchased rust...if I only had a time machine....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

August of 2012 I flew from Southern California out to New Hamsphire to pick up one of the new 427 Corvette convertibles. I drove that sucker back home across the country stopping in Overland Kansas for 5 days to take a photography class. Had dinner with Ed and Mary while I was there, met lots of great people!

Coming back through Arizona on old route 66 I caught up to a long freight train that was doing 70 mph. We were about 100 feet apart and waved at each other. Suddenly that train takes off like a bullet! I drop a gear and we were doing 90 mph laughing our asses off. Never raced a train before. I was amazed at the acceleration of that train. We pulled in to the town of Hackberry where I stopped to photograph some old cars and the train kept on going. Great memories of a cross country trip!
        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Flew into Des Moines 5 years ago.. ( damn, that long ago!!?? ) closed up the inlaw's house and drove a 60K mile 94Buick Centry home... Wife's still driving it...

Comment

September 2000 I drove 4100 miles round trip from SoCal to Indy to look at a 40 Willys for sale. This hangs in my Kitchen as a tribute
            Attached Files
            Last edited by groucho; May 7, 2013, 02:10 PM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

About an hour, 40-50 miles. I've entertained farther, but never found one I couldn't find closer.

Comment

ive gone from Houston to the other side of Baton Rouge a couple times for vehicles which I knew the story on them but had a truck and trailer to haul them home, that was round a 5 hour drive

I also drove from Houston to Stephville to buy a truck site unseen, no clue if it was driveable, I was told it was, drove with my dad, bought the truck for $500, drove back to houston (another 5 hour drive) after 2 stops, 1 for gas, 1 at the local walmart to change the oil and air up the tires. didnt miss a beat driving home and got 24 mpg
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Drove to the east side of Columbus Ohio from Anderson (NE of Indy). Went to look at a Vette. As we left empty trailer in tow, my buddy said "I wondered if you wanted that much project".

Comment

Originally posted by phitter67 View Post
                    Drove to the east side of Columbus Ohio from Anderson (NE of Indy). Went to look at a Vette. As we left empty trailer in tow, my buddy said "I wondered if you wanted that much project".
                    That's CLASSIC!!!!!

Gotta put that in the memory bank.

Dan

Comment

went from Des Moines,Ia to some little town in Arkansas to get a 69 Austin America that my buddy Jason bought off craigslist, got to be close to or more than 10 years ago...

I think gas and food cost more than the car did....
                      Charles

Comment

In 2000, I drove 60 miles from Wooster to Chardon [Ohio] to see a '79 Pontiac Phoenix hatchback [with an Olds 403] for $700. Wife [at the time] wanted a Nova or clone. The car was butchered to hell. I told her I didnt even want to drive it! Oh well, we visited some friends in the area and went back home.

Comment

I drove from LA to Pahrump Nevada to buy my Caprice wagon, then drove it home. My wife would not let me stop at the Chicken Ranch /:

Comment

Working...
                          X