Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the farthest you've traveled to see/buy a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the farthest you've traveled to see/buy a car?

Well, I haven't bought a car in 6 years, never even seriously looked until the past few months.
    I drove a little over 4 hours north in my Eagle just to see the car (got to test drive too of course)
    Guy who bought my Kammback also drove about 4 hours in an Eagle just to see that for the first time too.

What's the farthest you've traveled for a car?
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Pennsylvania for a truck in a junk yard. Trucking with my dad.

I would never be that crazy..
    but we watched the machine pluck it up, put it on the flat bed.. a totalled truck bought for parts. Went way the hell up near Canadian border in maine from PA.

some special chevy. I hardly pay attention to the differences..
    it was still a totalled flopped over end for end truck with blood in the seat and collapsed roof. Very special.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Wilmington, NC to Paso Robles, CA - something like 3000 miles. But BBM has us all beat!

Dan

Comment

is your old kammback restored ?

Comment

For me that would have to be Suisun City, California, I flew into Sacramento to buy a 73 Corvette which wasn't at all what it was supposed to be (long story) so I had cash in my pocket and went on a one and a half day mission to find a car, I hit a couple of car shows and talked to bunch of great Gearheads that gave me leads and ended up buying the little Red 66 Nova that I just sold a couple of months ago.
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I drove to Reno....it's a day and a half away. But I drove to Vegas twice to actually get it. My son likes his truck, so I guess it was worth it?
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

150 or so. East of Indy to the east side of Cincinnati. After coming from there the day before from a ECTA event. Saw it on craigslist. Yeah I bought it. I would do it again but not for an every day driver. When you have $75 in gas and fast food invested into a $1400 vehicle just to see it, well you would have to be pretty disappointed to come back empty handed.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sacramento to LA to see a Vette with a friend. We left after work, 2 am, got to LA around 6 am. Ate breakfast saw the car, didnt buy it and drove home.
                Last edited by Scott Liggett; May 6, 2013, 08:00 PM.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Bizarrely SoCal to Chicago in Feb. '03 to buy my Harley Ford crewcab pick-up. Who buys a supercharged RWD p/u in Chicago in February? Me. Still have it with all of 51K on the clock.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Drove from Laurel, MS to Cleveland, OH to buy a 27 T bucket project- wish I hadn't.
                    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I've only done a 10,800 miles roundtrip to Phoenix, Az to get a closer look at a car I bought and brought home a few months later on...

...But don't tell anyone I maybe was on holiday there with friends and this car was dropped off on their lot at the time and thought it was a nice cheap way to own a convertibe for once... :o)
                      Last edited by BigBlockMopar; May 7, 2013, 04:50 AM.
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I KNEW BBM would top us all! Nice car, though.

Dan

Comment

A trip out to Madison, AL from Ely,NV. Drove the car home.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I drove from Topeka, KS to Aurora, MO (500 miles round trip) to pick up a 1980 Buick Regal. The intent was to drop a big block Mopar into it, but after getting it home and looking it over, I put a pair of 3.8L heads on it and it became my DD for about 2 years until I sold it to my cousin. As far as I know, she is still driving it.... 14 years later.
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

15 Miles...
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X