X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Yunick speech video

interesting video, not sure if Brian has posted this before

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

I enjoyed watching that, I have always admired Smokey Yunick for his ability to create race cars and race engines that were ahead of the times. It's now a forgotten profession and racing has lost that element for ever.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Wow. That is the first time I have ever heard Smokey speak. Definitely a legend!! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Attended a few of his seminars years ago. That video only just begins to show how much of a character he really was. The racing and life stories in his book are well worth the read. A true legend, thanks for sharing.
        2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
        2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
        all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

used to be the best part of SEMA
          smokey ..earl gaerte , bobby unser , kenny bernstein . dr dick berrgreen , french grimes
          my brother , no race fan , said he misses smokey's seminars the most when we talk about sema

Comment

So unassuming......too bad we don't have those kinds of guys around much nowadays.......that was great, thx for putting it up.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 8, 2013, 07:38 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X