Enablers.... Please speak up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enablers.... Please speak up

Alright I have been on the hunt for an old pickup to daily drive. Everything I have found is shot. Like not safe shot. I was looking for something that would move under its own power and wasn't a rust pile.
    Until today. I found a ( not sure on the year 70s) c10 body is fairly straight will for sure need one rocker and a little rust through on the bed floor. No seat, motor, tranny or wireharness. $850.
    Now I think I can get the guy down on it to maybe $500. Dad said he has a 350 and th350 for a short loan. But even if I went to the Jy I could get motor and trans for $350. That leaves wire harness and fuel tank. It's still behind seat. Seats are $20-30 at junkyard.
    Paint is shotty at best. I think it was painted at night. Runs everywhere but it would fit in at Walmart parking lot.
    What say you?
    Attached Files
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

what is your budget and how good of truck do you want / need ?
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats!

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

it's more like a 68 or 9, but it looks great in your yard - congrats on the purchase
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nice looking truck!
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

neat truck, it's a 67 first year of that body style, you can tell by no side marker lights, and also it has the small rear window which was only installed on pickups that year, 68 and later were all large window.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That's sounding like a pretty good deal, but you need to understand that I have an unhealthy fixation with those trucks.

The rockers are rusty on ALL of those-even in Arizona. Check the cab mounts and braces for rust before you pull the trigger.

Comment

cab mounts are weak on all 60s trucks

Comment

What else is notoriously bad on these trucks. Going to look at three on Monday. The frame brake lines and front suspension looked good on that one.
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

Buy it. Send Brian the hub caps.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Looks really good, considering.
                      LMC Truck has everything you'll ever need for it.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Buy It!
                        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                        79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Frame aft of the cab, frame aft of the rear wheels...the rear quarters, rockers, cab corners, floor bords, bed floor, lower front fenders...lol....thats every thing we replaced on my grandpas 68...
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The cowl and upper firewall area, and inside above the windshield seem to be the rust-prone areas in So. Cal., both difficult to do anything with. All that being said, IMO the '67s are too cool and if the rust wasn't too bad I'd just treat it and live with it. I had both a '67 small-window cab-and-chassis 1-ton, and a long-bed with a '70s turbo setup for a short while but had to make a choice to send them on...I really needed an extra-cab truck for family duties...wish I hadn't as the truck I kept was a p.o.s.

Comment

Just got off the phone with my uncle. A guy he works with has 3 of them and we are going to go look at them today or Monday. I know one is a 350 4 speed. We will see
                              Jeff
                              Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
                              X