Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas hits $14.76/gallon in the UK....YIKES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas hits $14.76/gallon in the UK....YIKES!!!

The title pretty much sums it up. There are a bunch of things going wrong in Britain in the "fuel world," and have pretty much created the perfect storm. Read more here...
    Great Britain is in the midst of a fuel supply crisis the scope of which gives us the cold sweats: Supply is short, stations are closing with dry tanks, and those that do have dino juice are demanding a princely sum equivalent to $14.76 a US gallon. Light sweet crude, it's the end of the world! Okay, not really. The…

Re: Gas hits $14.76/gallon in the UK....YIKES!!!

In possibly related news, sales of electric fuel pumps and garden hose jumped dramatically in Jolly old England as well....

I would chalk that up as sarcasm, but with those ridiculous prices, I may not be far off.

I shudder at the thought of diesel prices over there...waiting to hear of a European Tim Cantrell....outlaw trucker from southeast Missouri, did a lot of bad stuff......he only paid for fuel when at home, had a hidden pump system that he'd use to pinch fuel from trucks parked beside him, or to pump directly out of the storage tanks at truckstops.......

I feel for the folks across the pond...this is out of hand to say the least.

Comment

You have to remember thats around 7 pounds .Its high there sure, I think diesel is around 9 pounds a gallon (17.XX us) but its the exchange rate with the dollar that makes it sound really expensive in US dollars (it is expensive but it always was, much more than here) .

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
        You have to remember thats around 7 pounds .Its high there sure, I think diesel is around 9 pounds a gallon (17.XX us) but its the exchange rate with the dollar that makes it sound really expensive in US dollars (it is expensive but it always was, much more than here) .
        Its expensive however you look at it! :o I really have to think about taking my Mustang out now, Went to the track at the weekend, & along with a local cruise sat nite & put over $140 in gas! & the track is only 60 miles away!

Comment

The Netherlands calling with around $9.95 per gallon.
          I'm going on a 2.5 hour trip to a dragrace-event tomorrow with my '60 Chrysler. Dual carbs on longram intakes, 3.9 gears in the rear, about 27" tires under a 4500 lbs car.
          I reccon about 1.5-2 hours into the trip I'm due for a refill.

'Luckily' we only have 3 dragrace-events a year overhere... :-\
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
            The Netherlands calling with around $9.95 per gallon.
            I'm going on a 2.5 hour trip to a dragrace-event tomorrow with my '60 Chrysler. Dual carbs on longram intakes, 3.9 gears in the rear, about 27" tires under a 4500 lbs car.
            :O you must be rich :D

Comment

Ask me that again after I get back will you... :-* :'(
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
              X