• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno pull on our 259 Stude

2nd pull on 259 Studebaker

8:1 pistons on pump gas / 20/50 oil

Will be adding headers and new carb on Monday and do another few pulls

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by rack4u; May 11, 2013, 06:38 PM. Reason: addition

Hey David, I wish I knew what all of that meant...

The computer stuff, is that 243 HP and 273 lb/ft torque at 5900 RPM?

I've got no idea what I'm looking at and I'm not at all ashamed to say so, but damn that thing sounds good to me. Music of another kind.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Bitchin!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Alright , I've got two close friends a whole state away ( father and son ) that have more studes than you can shake a stick at but being a SBC nut my eyes glaze over when they start talking about the engines as I...... well never mind what I think, the 258 apears to be a v-8. And since that is smaller than a 5 liter engine, wouldn't this motor at least be used to releave PeeWee of his record that he keeps wanting someone , who is more worthy to take away. Hey , PeeWee what is the record and what was the classification. Something production wasn't it?
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The Avanti has a 25% engine setback so PW's record is safe - for now. But the Avanti WILL have an "E" engine at least for now. A lot is subject to change.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
            Hey , PeeWee what is the record and what was the classification. Something production wasn't it?
            Dan, Red's record is in D/FSS

D runs from 261 to 305.99 cid, or 4.277 to 5.014L

F means I ran the fuel that I brung (not the race track gas) and SS means Super Street, as in licensed and insured for use on the road.

Red went 139.477. I keep looking and looking and it still looks like they haven't put in the records from last month's run, so I don't know if it's already beaten or not. Somebody at Maxton went over 150 in that same class.

EDIT: And yes, it's a production class. Maybe Other Dan knows what determines if a car's stock enough or not to fit into that class. Talking about a 25% engine setback, I guess that's too modified to be "production....?"
            Last edited by pdub; May 12, 2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Actually I'm not positive if the engine setback takes it out of contention but the lack of lights, license and insurance, etc. definitely does as I read the rules. Even though we could run up an engine class you're still WAY safe - at least from us.

The records from April are up on the ECTA website. I didn't think to look at your record but it may or may not still stand.

Dan

Comment

I must be looking in the wrong place, I don't see anything other than records from 2012 in every class I've looked at.

Comment

Working...
                X