Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think you are Mario Andretti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think you are Mario Andretti?

Classic

Last edited by 91CCFirebird; May 11, 2013, 08:28 PM.
    Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Love it !!!

Comment

X2
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

do you know why they never ask:

who do you think you are walter rohrl?

"a good rally driver has bugs splattered on his side windows." - walter rohrl
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Back when I was a boy....

It was "Who do you think you are, Barney Oldfield?" Any of you youngun's have a clue who Barney was?

Dan

Comment

Sure Dan, Barney was the deputy on the Andy Griffith Show, everybody knows that.

I've played it several times and I can't make out the last line the cop says - "I know "WHAT?" when I hear it?"...
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Back when I was a boy....

It was "Who do you think you are, Barney Oldfield?" Any of you youngun's have a clue who Barney was?

Dan
              first to 60mph.

like me and an 87 Subaru.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Barney was one of the first race car drivers in the US. Among other things he drove Henry Ford's 999 race car that sort of put Henry on the map. IIRC, they set a speed record on a frozen Lake St. Clair. Anyhow, he was an oldtimer but cops still said that when I was a beginning driver.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  "I know "WHAT?" when I hear it?"...
                  "I know the sound of power when I hear it" !

Comment

I believe he says "I know sound of speed when I hear it." I almost had one of those when I had my first V-8 S-10. I had just done 30 mph all the way through the 1/2 mile long town of New Palistine, In. Was in the 45mph area and heading into the %% when the lights come on. I'm used to a good amount of harassment so I just pull over figuring he just wants to act tough and figure out why I'm going through "his town" at 11 pm. Pretty much the first thing out of his mouth was " where you going at this time of night?" I just looked at him knowing he has just violated my rights and made a unlawful stop. I had a full dual exhaust and wasn't even on it. Then to cover his but he claimed I had a illegal exhaust and that it was too loud. He was still smiling and gave me a verbal warning when I asked him how my decibils he was wanting it down to. Never seen anybody go Jekyel to Hyde so fast. Snatched my licience and registration back out of my hand stormed back to his car beat on the inside door pannel came back with two written warnings with the address to some state stats that he felt could cover it and said threre you go.....have a nice evening. Yeah I had a nice chat with their town marshall.
                    Last edited by Dan Barlow; May 12, 2013, 11:53 AM.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                      I believe he says "I know sound of speed when I hear it."
                      I can go with that. That makes sense, in the context of the plot. Not speeding, but stopped them anyhow.

All I kept thinking I heard was "spew," and I know that ain't right.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                      X