what should i do with it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do with it ?

so I have this 99 gmc yukon taking up space in my driveway, no engine or trans, eng compt is gutted, no dash, no steering column, its bascially a shell with all the glass and rolling suspension. I posted it on CL, not a single email on it, its almost to nice to scrap, the body is in good shape, not great but good, all glass is good, its a 2wd model and im only asking $500 and it has a title, is that too much ? heres what it basically looks like

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Part it out on CL Maybe?

Comment

since I rent the house im living in and only a 1 car garage, parting it out in the driveway isnt a option
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

slide a g body frame under it and market it as a low rider

Comment

were it closer, that'd be a SAR truck - solid front axle conversion, 6bt ...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Is it insured? Just a thought.All kinds of things you could do.I wouldn't though

Comment

you should get $500 in just scrap outta that pig. cut the roof off an make a pickup out of it. maybe then it'll sell on CL...
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Use it at cheap family transpo. ........Oh great. Now, I am using words like I watch too many military flicks.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, if you were closer I'd be there . I'd drop the price to 450 then mabe 400 and threaten to scrap it in your Craig's list ad. Someone like us will probably save it. If not. I'd take the dog house and front doors real fast and scap it.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

steering column MIA is the deal breaker for a lot of folks I suspect.

Open the doors and it's a portable chicken coop ?
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

got a pull-a-part nearby...call em, see what they will give you for it.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My buddy got $200 for my last M-B minus engine and trans and it was a rusty hulk. I sold it to him and he plucked parts off (unobtainum trim clips and the like) then scrapped it. Looks like the 240D will meet a similar fate as no one seems to be interested.

Dan

Comment

If you were closer I would want that. Rust free just needs an engine and trans with a few other bits? HELL YEAH for $500. The problem is it would cost me $2k to get it here. I would stuff an LS in it with either the 4L60E or the 4L80E behind it. I have two parts trucks, so I could turn it into a 4x4 if I really wanted to... Or I could just stuff an new LS in Walts Tahoe... but it has some rust issues.

All the cool stuff is way the hell down in Texas and I just did my road trip for the spring.

Comment

You could give it to a charity. They'll scrap it and you can write it off your taxes

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              My buddy got $200 for my last M-B minus engine and trans and it was a rusty hulk. I sold it to him and he plucked parts off (unobtainum trim clips and the like) then scrapped it. Looks like the 240D will meet a similar fate as no one seems to be interested.

Dan
                              if I had any brains, i'd hire my dads w900 and pick up all you ninnies perfect chassis hacked up for selfish projects and call them masterpieces.

puts a pit in my stomach.

an all white revealing every seam perfectly, nice and cool to look at..
                              a hack can drop a 2wd in 3 hours.

I could just vomit.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X