Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

street racing bust, North Carolina - 12 racers arrested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: street racing bust, North Carolina - 12 racers arrested...

What we have here...is a complete and total lack of respect for the LAW!!!

-Sheriff Buford T Justice of Texas

;D ;D

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

i think if they just gave us more strips to race at instead of taking them away we might not have to race on the streets.....didnt we have this problem in the WAY early days when there were no drag strips jeez you think you would learn from history

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
        i think if they just gave us more strips to race at instead of taking them away we might not have to race on the streets.....didnt we have this problem in the WAY early days when there were no drag strips jeez you think you would learn from history
        Unfortunately we never do !

Comment

There are a lot of lawyers and a lot of crazy ways that people that obviously guilty get off because of technicalities and loopholes. It takes time to build an airtight case against people and with the way the fines and penalties are these days, you kinda need a bit more than a single count to bring them up on to get thier attention. I bet they were spreading the net as wide as possible and something got out so they closed it before they lost track of them.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

because i could catch 12 people street racing on a weeknight, thats why. the spots havent changed since the 50s. in fact, ive seen hot rods from the goodguys shows actually find the race spots on their own, and they were from out of town! back when they were young the cops raced there, their parents raced there before that..

a month to catch 12 street racers sounds like a waste of money. i guess you could catch 4 racers a week and it would add up the same..

Comment

I think there are two kinds of street racers . . . the kids that are just out there in their import with a fart can exhaust racing wherever on a Saturday night. Easy to find, easy to follow, easy to catch. Then there are the guys with serious cars and a whole network of people that help plan a street race. They block off roads, have information on the law, and are not easily caught. I think these 12 were the more experienced type.

Comment

Also, is it possible during the 4 weeks that they may have been working other cases?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
                  I think there are two kinds of street racers . . . the kids that are just out there in their import with a fart can exhaust racing wherever on a Saturday night. Easy to find, easy to follow, easy to catch. Then there are the guys with serious cars and a whole network of people that help plan a street race. They block off roads, have information on the law, and are not easily caught. I think these 12 were the more experienced type.
                  i highly doubt the experianced ones got caught. the ricer crews are like shooting fish in a barrel though.. i think it might take a long time to catch the ones that have been doing it awhile.. the ones that ive seen, the "experianced type" wont race anyone they dont know. theres almost nobody to witness the race if it even happens. if a race happens in the woods and theres nobody there to see it, did it happen? their cars are more serious then the usual street racer wannabe rides. they dont ask anyone to race, and i think they might well do it for either cash or to settle grudges, or both. ive only seen them show up at the meet up spots a few times, they dont even speak to most of the others, and the ricers, well, they might as well be leppers.. . im of the opinion that some of them ARE cops.

Comment

There was a guy on Woodward a couple years ago with a black mid 80s' Mustang. He was a young guy and he always had someone with him. Seems like anytime someone got in trouble, he was around, but he never had a problem. I said he was a cop. Someone ask him if he was and he denied it, but we never saw him again.

I think I was right.
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
                      There was a guy on Woodward a couple years ago with a black mid 80s' Mustang. He was a young guy and he always had someone with him. Seems like anytime someone got in trouble, he was around, but he never had a problem. I said he was a cop. Someone ask him if he was and he denied it, but we never saw him again.

I think I was right.
                      Was it kinda flat black?

Comment

Working...
                      X