Plasti-dip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasti-dip?

Alright, i know I'm the youngest one on the forum and I'm probably the only one thats in the import or stance scene. Something thats starting to get popular in the scene is plasti-dipping parts or accent pieces and sometimes the wheels. I was just curious if any one here had any experience on how well it holds up on something that gets as warm as a wheel? I've got the stuff to powder coat but i just dont have the things setup nor the time to set it up.
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

We are all watching and waiting to see how durable it is. We all think you should try it out .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Seriously though with my 25 year old g.m. paint coming off the roof in 3 inch sheets has me thinking of this or a " tide me over cheepie paint job just to cover the barely covered metal.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

you want something tough, it needs some work.

this sun cycle stuff, good chance to get a freak paint job done.

I quickly wiped down an old hood and sprayed on some rustoleum outdoor furniture paint...been a year. never been that lucky with an edge smacking the wind like a wall.

purified carbn black is only one reason it stuck, the sun is helping.
        good time for real paint work.
        the plasti dip.. not sure what that is for besides tool handles.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Search function...

The strip had a nice race/show. Western Fuel Altered's Nitro cars / Alky cars plus a nice sized show. The pics are not great due to the suns position and my

Ask Joe how it's holding up?
          Last edited by Beagle; May 19, 2013, 05:28 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Evan...What's your Dad think??
            Last edited by silver_bullet; May 19, 2013, 07:25 AM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I have done wheels. I do not recomend it unless you want to re-do it every few weeks. I have done accent pieces and it is holding up well. experiment with it...it is a really neat thing to play with.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I think it woul be good to protect your car on a long road trip. Maybe over the nose and on the rockers.

Comment

you would have to lay it on thick, thin coats nick and tear easily but it would not be bad...it would do well placed on quater panels just behind tires that are rotating at high rates of speed while the car is not really in motion...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Rustoleum
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

pay 150 an hour for some quality paint

Comment

Sorry i didnt realize someone had already had a post about it. And my dad says its my car and my money so i get to do it.
                        Joe, how easy is it to pull off wheels once it starts to fade, nick, and look bad?
                        The youngest guy on the board
                        76 vega
                        86 fiero

Comment

Working...
                        X