No announcement yet.

I think....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumpin. Don't do any thing you'll regret. Just so you know I got a 1999 aurora for free. I was going to fix it and sell it. I had a problem with the dash lights. Simple search. Ther are a lot posts on different forums with the username thumpin. Just so u know it was your post that help me fix my car and move on to the next thing. So you matter. To us you matter. I just want to say thank you. Oh and if you ever are in northern ia I owe you a beer or six.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Comment

I haven't had much to do ............outside of work and kids since 2002

Comment

I think we have all gone through a time when we wanted to just lock ourselves in the garage with the car running.
        Around 2001, a dear friend of mine passed away, and i was going through a rough time. Everynight i would cry myself to sleep, praying i just didn't wake up.
        But i'm still here, and i'm glad.
        as much as i think my life sucks, and i just don't want to go on anymore, i think of all the people that are much worse off then i am, and i realize, life isn't that bad.
        Take a break from things for awhile.
        I good friend of mine had a talk about ending it all. He said he thought about it many times, but realized it's the most selfish thing you can do, because you hurt your friends and family, and we here are ALL your family.
        You may not realize it, but you've helped many people here.
        Now it's our turn to return the favor. Don't hesitate to ask for help.
        we all struggle in one way or another, but friends are what helps us get through.
        58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Dude, stay with us man... You're one of the sane ones around here. ...Seriously.

Guys like you stabilize some of this circus...

Oh, and do a road trip. Its good for the soul. Sell some junk to finance it, if ya hafta. Take that young lady someplace cool. She'll never forget it.

I did Yosemite this year with my little girl. I'll be paying for it for a long time, but it was absolutely worth it. Time spent bonding with loved ones is worth more than any asshat on Wall St. could earn in a lifetime.
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I may not post ever again either.

I made my first batch of home made pasta...and I advanced the timing on the 1200 hp 1781cc boxer.

one of those two things, if I don't post again.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

I made my first batch of home made pasta...
              Good stuff, if ya get Grampa's recipe correct... Lead noodles if you miss...

Do 'em right... with some good sauce... now THAT's somethin' worth livin' for. Throwin' a party for, even.
              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                Good stuff, if ya get Grampa's recipe correct... Lead noodles if you miss...

Do 'em right... with some good sauce... now THAT's somethin' worth livin' for. Throwin' a party for, even.
                mine came out like wood lathes.. maybe a pasta machine is useful.

very good otherwise, a lot heavier than the box stuff.

a lot of egg for not alot of flour. I figured where the color of pasta came from after making it.
                the egg yoke.

I got breakfast biscuits from scratch down to.. while eggs are frying in the pan.

I go fast. All the things to make with flour.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                  mine came out like wood lathes.. maybe a pasta machine is useful.

very good otherwise, a lot heavier than the box stuff.

a lot of egg for not alot of flour.
                  My grandfather was from the old country, and he used to make pasta by the truckload... his recipe was straight-up, plain-old, just simple "2:1".

Two eggs for every cup of flour.

Or was it the other way around? LOL... knead it for a bit... probly why he had arthritis... lol...

Pasta machine is ESSENTIAL.

It is heavier than the store-bought stuff, but it is HEAVEN.

Thumpin', we ain't hi-jackin'... we're just givin' ya stuff to take your mind off the shitty stuff.

And there ain't nuthin' better than homemade pasta done right.

Except sharin' a meal with your kid.

Comment

Not really seeking a relation to the troubles thumpin maybe feelin..

this sun cycle stuff is quite painful. They got a picture of northern lights down at cape cod last evening.. the photo I took last night was from staying up all night with an aching head. there is a joke here.. if you cannot see the northern lights as normal, it is because we are the northern lights. They found this place being mysterious via radios a long time ago. Air force and the radar games. The sun storms likes to follow the rock and grounds along the coast...machines find it, human eyes don't.
                    I feel it being an air force veteran.

I am living on the grain like all of maine.

I have been through one cycle with a disability unknown, I am beyond guessing this misunderstood ill gets a few more than me.

hang in there. I am boasting. I have not met anyone more misunderstood than myself. I'll just pretend I'll go where the astronauts go when my time comes. Real crew chiefs are beyond words anyway.. like a veteran.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 20, 2013, 07:48 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

Sorry to hear you're feelin' so low. Life can be, a bitch at times. She's a cruel mistress at least.

I sincerely hope life gets better for ya.
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Rollercoaster. Keeping busy working on other people's junk. Long damn day today, and I am taking a break from the things that have been causing me too much stress. Actually, I am ok with whatever happens in the future, I just dont want to go through this crap again. I am tired of it.

Comment

We'll be here for you.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

X2 Brother... Take care and come see us once in a while.
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                              Rollercoaster. Keeping busy working on other people's junk. Long damn day today, and I am taking a break from the things that have been causing me too much stress. Actually, I am ok with whatever happens in the future, I just dont want to go through this crap again. I am tired of it.
                              One of my best buddies is in his 70's.. He got me interested in cars... When he retired from his equipment repair/maintenace job for a Logging company, he was swamped with work.. By people who say they will pay but DO NOT..
                              I sat him down and asked him if that is how he wanted to spend his golden years? Stressed trying to fix shit that needs to be shitcanned, not getting paid for his work... Now he fishes..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                One of my best buddies is in his 70's.. He got me interested in cars... When he retired from his equipment repair/maintenace job for a Logging company, he was swamped with work.. By people who say they will pay but DO NOT..
                                I sat him down and asked him if that is how he wanted to spend his golden years? Stressed trying to fix shit that needs to be shitcanned, not getting paid for his work... Now he fishes..
                                One is for her, so she can have something other than my winter beater that gets decent mileage. The other was my friend who has helped me with lots of things, while also letting me support him for a few years, and also how I met the probably soon to be ex. It was wheel bearings on a FWD Buick, so lots of cussing and bashed hands, and me being very tired.

I only work on cars of people I like, or who happen to break down on my stretch of highway.... and of course building a GTO for the guy who she is putting through almost as much stress as she is me.

Comment

Working...
                                X