No announcement yet.

Thoughts & prayers for Oklahoma Bangshifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts and prayers from my family to all of those affected by this devastation.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Was spinning my wheels most of the day yesterday... Got to watch the news at 6am.... I knew it was bad! But WOW! Mother Nature can sure PMS!
      Thoughts to all in the disaster zone!
      Looks like she ain't done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Our prayers are ongoing......I think the last time Moore was hit was in '99.....same area of town, I think.
        Ed, I believe you are correct.... Only Norman was hit in 1999 as well. I was going through Oklahoma after graduating Basic Training & AIT when those storms blew through.

My thoughts and prayers. Horrible devastation!!
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

I know it goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. On behalf of Brian and myself, as well as both of our families, our thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by yesterday's Tornado in Oklahoma.

If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

There is some good news, they've dropped the death toll to 24, so far. We're still getting word of people being drug out of cellars and debris, over 100 last night rescued.
            So far they found at least 7 children dead from the school that was hit the hardest. Apparently, they drowned in a lower part of the school when the rain filled their safe spot.
            Right now, the things needed most are water, gloves, diapers and things like that. We've got emergency workers from all over the country here all ready but we're still getting thunderstorms coming through and it's not helping the search parties.
            Most of the south side of Oklahoma city and Moore is without water (including me) and electricity (mine is still on).

I'll try to get updates as time goes but until they let the regular citizens in the area, there isn't going to be much news. They even run the media out last night. A lot of what we're hearing is old news.
            Last edited by sedandelivery55; May 21, 2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Just saw that the power is back on at the water plant.

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55 View Post
                There is some good news, they've dropped the death toll to 24, so far. We're still getting word of people being drug out of cellars and debris, over 100 last night rescued.
                So far they found at least 7 children dead from the school that was hit the hardest. Apparently, they drowned in a lower part of the school when the rain filled their safe spot.
                Right now, the things needed most are water, gloves, diapers and things like that. We've got emergency workers from all over the country here all ready but we're still getting thunderstorms coming through and it's not helping the search parties.
                Most of the south side of Oklahoma city and Moore is without water (including me) and electricity (mine is still on).

I'll try to get updates as time goes but until they let the regular citizens in the area, there isn't going to be much news. They even run the media out last night. A lot of what we're hearing is old news.
                Lee, I sent you an email. Call, text, or email me. [email protected] 214.876.4316
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

It surprises me that the kids were still at school. Around Alabama and Mississippi, if it thunders twice, they send the kids home. The schools don't want the responsibility.

Certainly praying for those in the affected area.
                  Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                  X