X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she's a ham too.... and she passed
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I haven't taken the test but my Father and brother have, and passed. Buddy of mine's call sign is W0ZM. We use HAM radio's on an oddball channel to talk to eachother on the Power Tour. Much clearer and better range than those damn walkie talkies.

Getting my license is on my someday list.
      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Now I'm an official Ham, the government says so

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
          I haven't taken the test but my Father and brother have, and passed. Buddy of mine's call sign is W0ZM. We use HAM radio's on an oddball channel to talk to eachother on the Power Tour. Much clearer and better range than those damn walkie talkies.

Getting my license is on my someday list.
          if I can pass it, anyone can - get the book by Gordon West, read the questions and answers.... answer 26 (or more) of the 35 questions correctly.

Website
          The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.

lists testing organizations and places to take the test along with what you need.

Comment

I WANNA BE A HAM!!

Oh. Gotta hear? Nevermind!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              I WANNA BE A HAM!!

Oh. Gotta hear? Nevermind!
              nobody listens anyway - so I can't imagine that lack of hearing would be an impediment.

Seriously though, they still do Morse code and there are speech to text programs available.

Comment

speech to text is still pretty much in it's infancy but it's fun to read sometimes as long as you know it's probably horked the sentence.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  speech to text is still pretty much in it's infancy but it's fun to read sometimes as long as you know it's probably horked the sentence.
                  Probably!?!???
                  No doubt!
                  Turn your sound off the next time the news comes on and bring up closed captions..
                  And see how lost you really are..
                  There is a local newsguy Ben Senger.. CC shows his name as one word binzinger...
                  I can never remember the shit that gets fudged up .. It's hilarious sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    STT is pretty good - lawyers use dictation machines pretty regularly, and some of the better speech-to-text programs have replaced lots of entry level legal positions. The best ones make you speak the alphabet and specific words to be able to recognize how you talk. Perfect? no, you still have to proof read.

Comment

Working...
                    X