No announcement yet.

Hail.... sucks haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the tree branches ping pong the hail around and break up terminal velocity. Instead of a 120mph fastball to the face, it's more like a 40 mph softball to the crotch. Still not something you want to happen.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      the tree branches ping pong the hail around and break up terminal velocity. Instead of a 120mph fastball to the face, it's more like a 40 mph softball to the crotch. Still not something you want to happen.
      Both will send ME flopping on the ground like a beheaded chicken...
      I LOVE OREGON!
      Hurricane back in the early 60's
      Several floods but do not effect me..
      No tornados altho there have been some reported..
      Yep.. I LOVE OREGON..
      Water hurts less than ICE!

Comment

coughinsurnaceclaimcough coughmorenoscough
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

there's stuff about the size of a pea to the size of a gumball hitting the roof right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            there's stuff about the size of a pea to the size of a gumball hitting the roof right now.
            Pics, c'mon go outside and take some. I dare you.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

it quit as soon as it started - nice outside again.

Crazy Texas weather.
              Last edited by Beagle; May 29, 2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                Pics, c'mon go outside and take some. I dare you.
                Double Dog Damn Dare Ya!!

We had dime sized last week... all of the vehicles out of the garage for Sean's Graduation party... we lucked out!!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We get some here once in a while but nothing like that -Jeez!

Save your old bed comforter and use it to throw on the car in case of a hail storm. It will break the fall and save the day. I dont go on any road trips with out a couple moving blankets in the trunk in case of this.

Comment

I think I might come up with something to at least put over the t-tops on the Mustang. They would probably be the most expensive part to replace by far as far as body parts go.

I picked up 14 lawn & leaf trash bags full of leaves and branches out of my front yard alone last night. What a mess.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

That clean up didn't look like any fun at all.

We had some hail damage - but of course our insurance company wouldn't agree the house needed a roof for that reason - even though a dozen houses in the name neighborhood were getting new roofs replaced via insurance coverage - nope - not ours - new insurance company now - it was the only claim we'd ever made. I hate insurance companies for the most part. Hope you have good luck with yours.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

A friend sent me a picture of hail they had in Oklahoma - size of grapefruit - I mentioned to him that the rain he used to suffer from doesn't sound so bad anymore (I'm nice, reminding him and all since he moved so his wife could get a better job)
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Harbor freight has moving blankets on sale for 6 bucks .

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                            I think I might come up with something to at least put over the t-tops on the Mustang. They would probably be the most expensive part to replace by far as far as body parts go.

I picked up 14 lawn & leaf trash bags full of leaves and branches out of my front yard alone last night. What a mess.
                            The next windy day will blow into your neighbors yard.

I remember we were getting golf ball sized hail in Nebraska. I left my bike out in it. I ran out to get it with my football helmet and shoulder pads on. Sorta worked. Saved me from a concussion.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X