X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    I think I might come up with something to at least put over the t-tops on the Mustang. They would probably be the most expensive part to replace by far as far as body parts go.

I picked up 14 lawn & leaf trash bags full of leaves and branches out of my front yard alone last night. What a mess.
    The next windy day will blow into your neighbors yard.

I remember we were getting golf ball sized hail in Nebraska. I left my bike out in it. I ran out to get it with my football helmet and shoulder pads on. Sorta worked. Saved me from a concussion.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied
    Harbor freight has moving blankets on sale for 6 bucks .

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    A friend sent me a picture of hail they had in Oklahoma - size of grapefruit - I mentioned to him that the rain he used to suffer from doesn't sound so bad anymore (I'm nice, reminding him and all since he moved so his wife could get a better job)

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    That clean up didn't look like any fun at all.

We had some hail damage - but of course our insurance company wouldn't agree the house needed a roof for that reason - even though a dozen houses in the name neighborhood were getting new roofs replaced via insurance coverage - nope - not ours - new insurance company now - it was the only claim we'd ever made. I hate insurance companies for the most part. Hope you have good luck with yours.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I think I might come up with something to at least put over the t-tops on the Mustang. They would probably be the most expensive part to replace by far as far as body parts go.

I picked up 14 lawn & leaf trash bags full of leaves and branches out of my front yard alone last night. What a mess.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied
    We get some here once in a while but nothing like that -Jeez!

Save your old bed comforter and use it to throw on the car in case of a hail storm. It will break the fall and save the day. I dont go on any road trips with out a couple moving blankets in the trunk in case of this.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
    Pics, c'mon go outside and take some. I dare you.
    Double Dog Damn Dare Ya!!

We had dime sized last week... all of the vehicles out of the garage for Sean's Graduation party... we lucked out!!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    it quit as soon as it started - nice outside again.

Crazy Texas weather.
    Last edited by Beagle; May 29, 2013, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pumpkin
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    there's stuff about the size of a pea to the size of a gumball hitting the roof right now.
    Pics, c'mon go outside and take some. I dare you.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    there's stuff about the size of a pea to the size of a gumball hitting the roof right now.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    coughinsurnaceclaimcough coughmorenoscough

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    the tree branches ping pong the hail around and break up terminal velocity. Instead of a 120mph fastball to the face, it's more like a 40 mph softball to the crotch. Still not something you want to happen.
    Both will send ME flopping on the ground like a beheaded chicken...
    I LOVE OREGON!
    Hurricane back in the early 60's
    Several floods but do not effect me..
    No tornados altho there have been some reported..
    Yep.. I LOVE OREGON..
    Water hurts less than ICE!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    the tree branches ping pong the hail around and break up terminal velocity. Instead of a 120mph fastball to the face, it's more like a 40 mph softball to the crotch. Still not something you want to happen.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I checked everything over at lunch and swept off the driveway. One of the storm windows on the second floor dormers is broken and a total of 3 garage windows are cracked. Kinda doubt a roof is in order, but I will climb up there and look closer when I get home from work.

Best news is the Mustang apparently does not have a scratch. I couldn't find anything on it. I think my big oak trees sure saved the front of the house and my car but I don't think they will help much if another storm were to roll in!

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Fire is my worst enemy, hail is second on the list, tornadoes are simply unthinkable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X