Big Let Down Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
    I have never had a problem walking up to someone male or female and talking about their car or truck, never had a problem getting the specifics out of them and if needed getting names and phone numbers. This sort of thing happens to be so easy for me, a casual conversation turned into a business opp. 9 out of 10 people are eager to talk about the car hobby they love, and they love the attention. Its really bad, I think your selling yourself short. I could see you being in the car mecca of Cali and having your own business card ''freelance photog''
    setting up and appointment to shoot a car that's feature worthy. Like they say , there is more than one way to skin a cat. Lots of mags out there, HR not the only game.
    You are right.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Saw your note on Facebook.......bummer.
      Would be cool to work in hobby you enjoy.....the enthusiasm shows in your writings.

When one door closes another opens.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Scott, it was awesome simply that you applied. You can't win them all, but you can win at all if you don't try. I know many of us enjoy your blog items, and appreciate the gratis work that seriously does take quite a bit of time above all the car work you are doing. I know very well all the extra work it takes to make the blog post, I'd be doing it if it were easy and not time consuming.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have been ignoring family and friends telling me I should be a writer my whole life. Starting to listen to them. Satisfies the creative side of my brain my current job does not.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            Scott, it was awesome simply that you applied. You can't win them all, but you can win at all if you don't try. I know many of us enjoy your blog items, and appreciate the gratis work that seriously does take quite a bit of time above all the car work you are doing. I know very well all the extra work it takes to make the blog post, I'd be doing it if it were easy and not time consuming.
            I am thrilled I made it to the interview level.

I am sure you know how much work it is after I convinced you to write a blog for the Anti Tour last year.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I knew before that! I'm not a very good story writer, and you are. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
                Sorry if I read that the wrong way
                No worries ... it's all good.
                We are glad to have you as a contributing member, post on dude.

Comment

keep at it! I had a similar career path. did calibration stuff starting at a hobby level working my way up. you are much better at writing than I was at tuning when I started. ignore all negative input, pay attention to constructive input and keep working on your craft... and eventually people will be asking you to work for them. not vice versa.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                    keep working on your craft... and eventually people will be asking you to work for them. not vice versa.
                    Truer words have never been spoken. Seen this hold true in all kinds of professions/skills.

Comment

make money with your hobby via FLAT RATE .......

Comment

I know you're disappointed Scott, but hopefully that will change sometime soon. In the meantime, their loss is our gain!! I love to read your narratives. Thanks for giving us such quality articles.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There are quite a few openings for web-saavy individuals in the Irvine, San Clemente and El Segundo offices of SIM, Scott. They might not be at Hot Rod but any of them are a foot in the door........

Comment

Way cool Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                              http://www.sourceinterlink.com/careers/

There are quite a few openings for web-saavy individuals in the Irvine, San Clemente and El Segundo offices of SIM, Scott. They might not be at Hot Rod but any of them are a foot in the door........
                              Thanks for the support, Finney. Been looking at the sight for jobs I might qualify for.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott,
                                If the corporate path doesn't work out, go Independent. I did about 8 years ago and its been a helluva struggle, but also highly rewarding in a way working for the man cant be. Quitting my "day job" was a real rough decision, so don't do that lightly...But, now I get as much excitement about selling my stuff as I would have getting one of my cars in a mag. That's weekly gratification! So I don't get to vacation very often and my wife is always wondering where the cash is going to come from... I can deal with that.
                                BKB
                                www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                                Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                                X