Big Let Down Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    I read your stuff. Those discoveries are so much fun, like solving mysteries.

Looking forward to reading Diego's stuff.

I am not angry or bitter, just disappointed. Like you said, they know you and passed. DF knows me. But, he wasn't the guy hiring. He wouldn't be the boss. It was Michael Floyd. I finally realized what my desires are for a job. It took forever for me to do so. Now that I do know, I am very focused. Or, as focused as I can be while working 12 hrs a day. I wrote a product preview last night while sitting outside the premiere for "The Bling Ring". Only stopped long enough to watch Paris Hilton use my door mirror to check her lipstick.
    Your current job may not be what you ultimately want but, wow, just wow.

Comment

As a car guy I like reading both your guys stuff......your passion for the hobby shows.

Would resonate even more in a national publication.

Just saying.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Good Luck Scott. Nice knowing you are going for a job you WANT not a job you NEED.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I read your stuff. Those discoveries are so much fun, like solving mysteries.

Looking forward to reading Diego's stuff.

I am not angry or bitter, just disappointed. Like you said, they know you and passed. DF knows me. But, he wasn't the guy hiring. He wouldn't be the boss. It was Michael Floyd. I finally realized what my desires are for a job. It took forever for me to do so. Now that I do know, I am very focused. Or, as focused as I can be while working 12 hrs a day. I wrote a product preview last night while sitting outside the premiere for "The Bling Ring". Only stopped long enough to watch Paris Hilton use my door mirror to check her lipstick.
          So. was the lipstick ok, or was it smeared a little?

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
            So. was the lipstick ok, or was it smeared a little?
            Couldnt tell you. She thought I was her driver. He used to work with me at Avalon. I used to drive her when he wasnt available. A bunch of people thought Chris and I were brothers. The best part was the look on her face when she realized she using the mirror of the wrong car.

I always liked how Paris was so sweet and considerate to us drivers. She is so not like the stupid, aloof, rich girl persona she used in her tv shows.

I learned from meeting Paris that I should save my opinion of someone until I have actually met them.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

A good policy for sure.... In the late 70's I worked for the phone company in the Los Feliz area and met quite a few celebrities in their homes. Most were pretty nice, but a few were total dickheads.
              Last edited by mrocketscience; June 6, 2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Maybe a copy editor for Car Craft - the "Monk" edition has a typo on the freaking table of contents page. The first ten words of the magazine seem okay, and then we hit word eleven.

Delve.

shit makes me a little crazy.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Maybe a copy editor for Car Craft - the "Monk" edition has a typo on the freaking table of contents page. The first ten words of the magazine seem okay, and then we hit word eleven.

Delve.

shit makes me a little crazy.
                  You want the guy leaves out words altogether to be the copy editor? I can't even remember when I need to use a semicolon.
                  Last edited by Scott Liggett; June 6, 2013, 04:22 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You want the guy leaves out words altogether to be the copy editor? I can't even remember when I need to use a semicolon.
                    Oh... That's what it is.... I'm kinda used to written ASL, which leaves out lots of words..
                    Example...
                    "I'm going to the store, do you need me to get anything?"
                    Nice english..
                    ASL...
                    " Me store, you need?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Oh... That's what it is.... I'm kinda used to written ASL, which leaves out lots of words..
                      Example...
                      "I'm going to the store, do you need me to get anything?"
                      Nice english..
                      ASL...
                      " Me store, you need?"
                      Naw, my brain works faster than my typing.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Naw, my brain works faster than my typing.
                        You need one of thse voice to text machines..
                        A friend has a phone like that.. Talks into it and it sends me written texts!

Comment

Working...
                        X