Do you remember the Killdozer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember the Killdozer ?

Marvin Heemeyer of Granby, Colorado was a profoundly frustrated muffler repair man. In 2004 he took drastic measures.

sigpic

I know this guy gets the hero treatment by lots of people and he did act out a fantasy that many of us have had, but the dude laid lots of waste to that town. I am thinking about people huddled in homes protecting kids and junk. Split decision on this guy for me.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

He got pushed , he fought .. crazy guy, bad results ..

No hero worship from me , just another nut
      sigpic

Comment

For the record, we can all agree that the 'dozer itself was bad ass.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

No hero worship on my part either, but I do have a level of respect for a guy who tried to do everything by the book and got screwed over by local government. At least that is what I gathered from the different stories and interviews over the years. A friend of mine's mother was recently killed by an illegal immigrant who was drunk as hell, and his only punishment was immediate deportation. I told my wife if that happened and her and my kids were killed, the government would have to kill me before I wiped his seed off of this earth, along with any other illegals I saw crossing my path. I'm all for the rule of law, but when you have corrupt and immoral politicians, sometimes you have to stoop to their level.
          Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

The guy plowed over a fantastic restaurant. Kell and I use to go there all the time. It is about 1/2 way between Denver and Steamboat. German, Mexican, American fare. OOOOOooooooo so good. We stopped by the local gas station to ask if the restaurant was going to reopen, they guessed no but just a guess. What I can tell you is there is ZERO local love for the guy.

Steve
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Never saw this. Hero? In some sense maybe. Reminds me of Falling Down. How much can one guy take until he snaps. We all have a breaking point. We all want our voice heard when we are falling, often times the sound falls on deaf ears. A nut? Nah...just a guy who reached his breaking point...some people break and are able to continue tot hink rationaly when they are under massive stress...others not so much...One thing is for sure...I dont know too many folks that have not fantacized about exactly this..
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I hadn't heard about this. Thought the thread was about the 70's Killdozer movie.

Comment

Yep, I remember it, but back then I didn't have any idea why he was doing it. After watching the news report again, I kind of get it now, it seemed like he tried not to harm anybody physically until I saw the second video with the inside of the dozer. Did he ever fire a shot? Maybe he intended to, or would have if he saw one of his targets, but decided better of it? Boy how far have the reporters fallen in 10 years. I respect the reporters for not naming the suspect and telling the friend to be careful with names, you don't see that much these days.

Comment

HOLY WOW! I don't remember this! I'm with Joe on this one

What ever happened to that dozer?
                    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                      HOLY WOW! I don't remember this! I'm with Joe on this one

What ever happened to that dozer?

Says in the article, was taken apart ..pieces taken to several yards to spread the parts around so other nuts could not worship it
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X