5 gallons of tempered glasd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 gallons of tempered glasd

That's how much glass is in the hatch of a 3rd gen Camaro/ Firebird. Just incase anyone wants to know.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

This doesn't sound good.

Comment

ouch.

but that is interesting. heavy pile.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

ouch.

Comment

x2
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Locked the only keys in the car........with the key on and the flashers. Console isn't in so the window switches were just laying loose on the trans tunnel, So no way was I working them with a hanger.Called the little lady and said bring the jumper cables and a hammer. I picked the back window since there is just 4 bolts and two struts to undo.I hate taking door panels off . I just didn't think it would take so long to vacume out. Had one from a camaro parts car in the barn. Unfortunatly it has the third brake tight in it . In a unrelated note. Those that wanted me to drive it to Wilmington , Ohio's ECTA event this weekend.....Not looking good as it gets hot after getting almost to 55 miles. Hopefully just a bad clamp . but still......
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

You will find another gallon bucket full, one piece at a time, for the next twenty years.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This is the reason we NEVER EVER break out the windows for derby cars...
                The little pieces of glass can hide in nooks and crannies only to come flying out on impact!
                Sometimes, the glass breaks... But we try very hard not to break it!

Comment

you're going to hate me, but at least next time you won't do that.... get your dent puller, put the threaded screw on it, pop the trunk lock - it's really easy to knock the tabs back to where they belong and put a new tumbler in.... then use a screwdriver to twist the latch mechanism.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yeah I have a few of those power trunk / lock mechanisms too. No dent puller though. Next time I plan on another key.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

no lock smith, or AAA slim jim?
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Yeah I have a few of those power trunk / lock mechanisms too. No dent puller though. Next time I plan on another key.
                        1/2" drill bit works as well
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You are going to hate this, but, you can pull the door glass away from the roof enough to reach in and open the door from the inside handle.
                          And why they were easy to jack.
                          Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; June 6, 2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                            You are going to hate this, but, you can pull the door glass away from the roof enough to reach in and open the door from the inside handle.
                            And why they were easy to jack.

Yep. You can steal the car with a claw hammer. Use the claw side to pry the window back to reach in to unlock door. Then hammer the column top. Pull the rod out of the back lock cylinder. Then push rod down towards steering column base to start.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have gotten the keys out before by using a couple of screwdrivers for window wedges and a couple of hangers twisted together and gotten the keys out of the ignition , but not in the locked position. But now that I think of it ,I probably could. I wasn't in the right frame of mind I guess.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X