Police now issuing tickets with an additional "fuel surcharge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Police now issuing tickets with an additional "fuel surcharge"

SO... if the budget is real tight, and fuel prices push it into the red, should they have simply raised fines $12 in lieu of the surcharge? Or should they just have allowed the budget to go down the hopper?

Something had to be done, if the budget was that tight... I don't think its BS, but I probably would have hidden it in the fine instead of making at an additional item.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I got a better idea, they should have legalized marijuana, and used the taxes on it to pay for the added fuel costs. Also it would free up the funds that they have to pay to have marijuana offenders in jail. Plus think of the whole new multi-trillion dollar industry that would be available for people to invest in, and all the jobs that it would create. But then I know the American people aren't smart enough to let this happen. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
        Get this, I listened to a report the other day that some gas stations now refuse credit cards. The transaction fees charged to the station eats away at the small profit the station makes on a tank of gas.
        As expensive as gas is now, people will have to use credit cards and if they can't?
        I use my bank debit card for most all of my purchases.

The day they start declining these, I'm so screwed.....

as for the intial premise, yes I agree, you can't get popped if you don't speed to begin with........

Comment

remember cash? I remember counting pennies to get enough gas to go to work and back when gas went up to a buck a gallon around 1980
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Smoke....you can't fit your rig in through the drive by ATM? ;D

Those awnings and roofs aren't built all that great. You could self-clearance the thing with your truck...HA!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

after katrina, fuel prices soared.. for a short bit, i saw alot of iowa highway patrol cars doing 55 or so on the interstate.. it backed up traffic, and people wouldnt pass them.. but they were saving fuel. maybe slow them down to save gas? personally i figure the MAN should get more efficient cars. let em drive priuses. if those cost too much, maybe a yaris or a kia? i swear ill pull over for a wind up police car, i wont run.. i swear..

also, ive seen some of the crashes where the crown vics were smashed from behind while stopped at highway speed..really, i think youre dead either way, from the burning or the crushing. its good that ford tried to "fix" the cars, but i dont think they were badly designed. i did notice the warning stickers on the dash of the last cop car i rode in about not stacking things in the trunk in such a way you could be impaled by em..yeah, working on the side of the road is dangerous..

Comment

Working...
              X