Update From The Other Wilmington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update From The Other Wilmington

Actually, we're in a motel in Jeffersonville, OH (motel snafu).

Another great weekend of racing at The Ohio Mile. We got Garrett a durable record (his last one lasted mere minutes) in B/MMP (modified mini pickup). We taped up the front and moved the truck into Modified and picked an engine class that hadn't been run (you can run up in engine classes).

As Garrett burned the track we figured out that the lil' tuck has a speed limiter set at 100 or so, knocking it back to 94. Lots of runs around 94 to 96 depending on where the end of the track was in relationship to hitting the speed limiter.

Last night David did a little research and learned that unplugging the trans wiring would bypass the limiter. Shazam - 101+! Garrett is now in the 100 Club (if we had one).

Then we peeled the tape and changed it back to our original class (D/PMP (Production Mini Pickup) and I ran a 101 so we crushed David's daughter Celeste's record from last meet. She wasn't here to stand up for herself so that's what ya get!

Sorry I missed Dan though I did see that unfortunate lady that lives with him. I also missed Brian but saw Russell, SeanM and bunch of other BSers.

The down side of having Brian do the announcements is that when you're racing you can't hear what he's saying about you and your run. We pull the antenna before a run. I heard he spread all kinds of lies about me but I'll have to stay in the dark. It would be cool if the procedings were recorded so the racers could get the broadcast of their runs.

Anyhow - we're off tomorrow for the trip to DeSmet, SD to meet up with the GDs. Full imersion Little House on the Prairie.

Carry on, folks. I'll check in when I can.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; June 9, 2013, 05:13 PM.

unplug the atenna connection at the radio under the dash, get a piece of 12-14g wire, strip one end and put it into the connection on the radio and you'll have a working antenna and in some cases get better radio reception, i always did in my trucks when I removed the antenna from the fenders
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

that must be fun, if to be going at it for more than just one year..
      I have got to try it at least once.

the 100mph club.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Actually, we're in a motel in Jeffersonville, OH (motel snafu).

Another great weekend of racing at The Ohio Mile. We got Garrett a durable record (his last one lasted mere minutes) in B/MMP (modified mini pickup). We taped up the front and moved the truck into Modified and picked an engine class that hadn't been run (you can run up in engine classes).

As Garrett burned the track we figured out that the lil' tuck has a speed limiter set at 100 or so, knocking it back to 94. Lots of runs around 94 to 96 depending on where the end of the track was in relationship to hitting the speed limiter.

Last night David did a little research and learned that unplugging the trans wiring would bypass the limiter. Shazam - 101+! Garrett is now in the 100 Club (if we had one).

Then we peeled the tape and changed it back to our original class (D/PMP (Production Mini Pickup) and I ran a 101 so we crushed David's daughter Celeste's record from last meet. She wasn't here to stand up for herself so that's what ya get!

Sorry I missed Dan though I did see that unfortunate lady that lives with him. I also missed Brian but saw Russell, SeanM and bunch of other BSers.

The down side of having Brian do the announcements is that when you're racing you can't hear what he's saying about you and your run. We pull the antenna before a run. I heard he spread all kinds of lies about me but I'll have to stay in the dark. It would be cool if the procedings were recorded so the racers could get the broadcast of their runs.

Anyhow - we're off tomorrow for the trip to DeSmet, SD to meet up with the GDs. Full imersion Little House on the Prairie.

Carry on, folks. I'll check in when I can.

Dan
        I saw you Dan at that healthy food stand but you were on the phone I believe and I needed to get back to shut down. I did wave over at your pit but you never saw me at I was a working.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Glad to meet you again Dan. Congrats on the records. I have a question about the truck classes. I didn't think B class engines was an option in the mini trucks? Dar that helps me was planning something similar by going up in classes with his soon to run truck, but the rule book seems to indicate C is the largest engine allowed. Are we reading the rules wrong?

Comment

Ohio

Dan
            We regret that the Avanti did not get done in time ! Maybe ,,,just maybe by JULY...at least the engine is in the car bolted down.

We had a great time thrashing to try to break the 100 mph mark with the Nissan....I have not been as excited as Garrett was since I saw Peggy Miller take her top off !!

I was proud of Garrett's driving because he backed the run up matching the 101 and some change in a hard cross wind. At least when we get the Avanti out he will know his way down the track...

BTW: On our trip home the Converter plugged up had to be towed in...thought it was a fuel problem at 1st. So we might have gone a 102-103 mph......( A header could be in its future )

Hung out most of the time with the "SALT2SALT" studebaker landspeed guys

They had a tough weekend fighting gremlins but finally made a 125 mph record breaking pass on Sunday Congrats Guys !
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rack4u; June 11, 2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Atta Boy Dan, way to smash a record! We knew ya had it inya and a lot more to come - congrats!

I'll be at Wilmington in July if Tonya gets back in touch to say it's not sold out yet - my paperwork's turned in.

Seems the road course driving experience thing in the Southeast is all but dead, only one event this year at Barber in August. I'll do that, now that Red is all dressed up for a road course with nowhere to go.

If there's a slot available I'll be at the Mile in July with a different car. Another adventure. Not Red. Red can't go any faster than he has already gone without the roll cage garb - time for a new challenge. A different car, a different class. We'll see - we'll see if a slot's open first. I ain't tellin.' I've already got a car number from Donna, waiting for a slot confirmation from Tonya.
              Last edited by pdub; June 17, 2013, 02:33 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X