$400,000 Vintage Bugatti wrecked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $400,000 Vintage Bugatti wrecked

Saw this on yahoo, thought I would pass it on. I guess if you have one and want to use it, there would be plenty of stories to tell about the new wreckage now sitting in the garage.
    Yeah, so, this is not how you want to treat your $400,000 Bugatti. Meet Edmund Burgess, of Lavenham in the United Kingdom. As Autoblog relates, Mr. Burgess was driving his 1924 Bugatti Type 13 in the Prescott Speed Hill Climb … Continue reading →

slow motion.

that thing sat as crazy as an 80s Subaru in the front.

the 20s wasn't the crazy ones, those years were not arrived yet. in fact, the compression was so low, they were still thinking of the hand crank.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's a pretty nasty crash when you have no roll bar, he's lucky he didn't break his neck. I appluade the guy for driving it on the race track! When we see all those cars sitting in museums, we have no clue as to the cars real character, it's sound, it's motion and it's mechanical nuances. As I see it, it is worth the risk. The nice thing about a $400,000 vintage racer is that it is almost impossible to total it. Even after a nasty wreck like that he can probably fix it for under 50 grand.
      Last edited by Hemi Joel; June 12, 2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        that thing sat as crazy as an 80s Subaru in the front.
        Barry always manages to get a Subaru comment in there somewhere.

Comment

Wow,Lucky he tucked into the side of the gaurdrail and not on top of it with the car rolling over.

Comment

Take it to Gas Monkey Garage.....Richard will buy it!
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

bwahahahahaha
              died with it's boots on

Comment

Working...
              X