Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CARB cleaner/parts dip-what's the best in SoCal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARB cleaner/parts dip-what's the best in SoCal?

I mean the shit that burns your hand if you leave in there for more than a few seconds. Thanks
    STUGOTS

shows limited availability in some stores and "IN STOCK" at this store:

Walmart store #3523—Santa Clarita
    26471 Carl Boyer Dr
    Santa Clarita, CA 91350
    (661) 259-0863
    21.08 miles

Berryman Chem-Dip has been my go to vomit inducing paint removing junk for years, I don't know how much the formula has changed if any. I'm still running a can from the 80's. They said it won't hurt rubber (now) which leads me to wonder what it is because it used to gelatinize neoprene.
    Last edited by Beagle; June 12, 2013, 06:01 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

crap compared to the old stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        http://www.walmart.com/ip/Berryman-C...eaner/17491945

shows limited availability in some stores and "IN STOCK" at this store:

Walmart store #3523—Santa Clarita
        26471 Carl Boyer Dr
        Santa Clarita, CA 91350
        (661) 259-0863
        21.08 miles

Berryman Chem-Dip has been my go to vomit inducing paint removing junk for years, I don't know how much the formula has changed if any. I'm still running a can from the 80's. They said it won't hurt rubber (now) which leads me to wonder what it is because it used to gelatinize neoprene.
        80's? So, you don't know dick about what's available now? Thanks
        STUGOTS

Comment

I use wd 40 on holleys
          doesn't strip the gold irridate

Comment

I wanna CLEAN, not LUBE. Dammit, is my English so freakin bad?
            Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            I use wd 40 on holleys
            doesn't strip the gold irridate
            Last edited by groucho; June 12, 2013, 06:06 PM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

wd 40 is a better cleaner than a lube kid

Comment

It's been over a decade since I used the dip stuff....I make do with spray cans, and I don't even live in CA.

Go buy some and tell us how it works.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                  80's? So, you don't know dick about what's available now? Thanks
                  Nope, but I bumped your thread. Your welcome. You wanna talk about dogs, trees, or Van tennis shoes instead? Just trying to increase traffic.

I'd consider calling Berryman and asking if the formula has changed, but it's not a long distance call for me. I don't have to put a quarter in the Maxwell to get it started either. Good grief. lol. Always a joy to answer you.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Nope, but I bumped your thread. Your welcome. You wanna talk about dogs, trees, or Van tennis shoes instead? Just trying to increase traffic.

I'd consider calling Berryman and asking if the formula has changed, but it's not a long distance call for me. I don't have to put a quarter in the Maxwell to get it started either. Good grief. lol. Always a joy to answer you.
                    Seriously?
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Need a hug Groucho?

I use Barrymans. I dipped an old ass, crusty, 750 dual feed I got from SGM and it cleaned up like new...It will eff up rubber.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        Need a hug Groucho?

Not a hug, INFO
                        STUGOTS

Comment

So, whatta ya want to do again? Lube up a 750?? lol

Comment

Anything in your part of the country has to be VOC compliant. Which, after reviewing the MSDS's for the chem-dips that are VOC and non-VOC, indicate to me what we are using is going to be stronger than what you are using.

I doubt that helps, but anyone here who is not using VOC compliant chemicals in California can only offer anicdotal information.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                              Seriously?
                              I'm always Dead Serious with you Groucho. Believe it.

I did go back and check and I gave you a bad link, sorry. The walmart stuff is a toy... Based on the MSDS handling sheet, the OLD smelly junk is still for sale. Posted as a Carcinogen, some crap about hexavalent chrome.

25-30 / gallon and appears to be shippable. Hope this helps, just trying to keep it rolling.

" SCAQMD compliance disclosure: We believe that finished products which are in compliance with the South Coast AQMD’s VOC regulations and formulating restrictions also comply in and and are suitable for use in each of California’s other 34 local air districts. This information is provided as a courtesy and without guarantee."

Amazon dealers indicate they will ship 50 state, no restriction. There may be a quantity restriction though.
                              Last edited by Beagle; June 12, 2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X